6 bedroom character property for saleOak Lane, St. Leonards, Tring
Sold STC £1,650,000
- A 1920's built 6 bedroom detached house in an idyllic semi rural setting
- Private gardens and woodland exceeding 3 acres
- Huge potential for improvement and further development (subject to planning consent)
- A large detached garage block and a number of other outbuildings
- In the same family ownership since built
- Excellent road and rail links to London
Constructed in the 1920's and having remained in the ownership of three generations of the same family ever since, Woodlands represents a fabulous opportunity to begin the next chapter in this stunning property's story.
The house itself is set well back from the lane within parkland like grounds and private woodland totalling in excess of three acres. Wrought iron gates and a sweeping gravelled driveway lead up to the house and then on to a substantial detached garage block with additional areas for a workshop, storage, a potting shed and a green house. There are also a number of smaller additional out-buildings.
The main house, which was substantially extended in the 1960's, comprises an entrance hallway, accessed via a porch with unusual signs of the zodiac floor tiling, which leads through to the main living and dining area featuring an original fireplace. There are three further reception rooms including a generously proportioned music room with parquet flooring and a large bay window with fabulous views across the gardens to farmland beyond. The double aspect kitchen/breakfast room in turn leads to a walk-in larder and a downstairs cloakroom. There is also a ground floor shower room and a utility room. The first floor provides six bedrooms, all with views over the gardens, a sitting room/dressing room and a modern fitted bathroom.
Woodlands offers tremendous scope for further development and improvement to create a quite exceptional family home on this idyllic plot in one of the Chiltern Hills most sought after locations, which offers all of the benefits of semi-rural living whilst being conveniently situated for the nearby towns of Tring, Wendover and Berkhamsted.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56036278.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CFS100772. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Brown & Merry, Country House & Farm Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.