4 bedroom semi-detached house for saleThe Green, Mentmore, Leighton Buzzard
- THREE/FOUR BEDROOMS
- VILLAGE LOCATION
- TASTEFULLY EXTENDED
- STUNNING KITCHEN/DINING/FAMILY ROOM
- FLEXIBLE ACCOMMODATION
- RE-FITTED KITCHEN AND BATHROOM
- LARGE SOUTHERLY FACING GARDEN
- BEAUTIFUL COUNTRYSIDE VIEWS
A rare opportunity to acquire a delightful Rothschild home set in the picturesque village of Mentmore. The property offers spacious and versatile accommodation and large gardens, ideal for the growing family.
A very attractive and highly desirable three/four bedroom semi-detached property situated on Mentmore village green with lovely country views to both front and rear. The southerly facing gardens are an undoubted feature with a large raised terrace and steps down to a large fully enclosed private garden.
Set over three floors, the accommodation is light and airy throughout and filled with the charm and character one expects from a Rothschild property. The current owners have significantly improved the property during their time here, with a superb extension to the rear creating a wonderful open plan kitchen/dining/family room with bi-folding doors which open straight onto a timber decked sun terrace, overlooking the garden. The family area provides sofa space to sit in front of the log burner and solid Oak flooring which continues through the dining area where there is ample space for a large family dining table under an atrium roof light. The kitchen is fitted with a range of units and granite work surfaces, a gas/electric range cooker and plenty of space for an American style fridge freezer and other appliances. A large bay window looks onto the rear garden with a charming window seat. At the front of the house is a cosy lounge with a cast iron Victorian fireplace and bay window. Upstairs on the first floor is a large landing area with a feature exposed brick wall and plenty of fitted wardrobes. A staircase rises to the attic room which offers ideal use as a study or spare bedroom with additional under eaves storage . There are three further good size bedrooms and a large family bath and shower room.
The front garden is mainly laid to lawn, with pretty flower beds, behind a privet hedge and the original brick pathway leading to the front door. A side gate provides access to the rear. The rear garden is certainly a feature of this property, offering something for everyone. The southerly aspect is ideal for sun worshippers, and those with ‘green fingers’ will be delighted by the variety of shrubs and plants, some of which are quite rare. A large timber sun terrace extends almost seamlessly from the kitchen/dining/family room through bi-folding doors and provides excellent entertaining space as it gently steps down to another paved patio area. A large lawn is bordered and enclosed by mature hedging with an old brick pathway which leads through a timber pergola, to a smaller hidden garden with an attractive circular brick sun terrace, ideal if you just want to get away from it all or for children’s ‘hide and seek’ games. There are timber sheds and a compost area along with apple and pear trees.
Sitting Room 12'11 +bay x 12'6 max
Kitchen 16'4 x 9 max
Family/Dining Room 21'9 max x 14'1 max
Bedroom One 12' x 9'6
Bedroom Two 10'3 x 8'2
Bedroom Three 9'11 x 9'2
Bedroom Four/Study 11'4 x 8'7
Mentmore is a picturesque Buckinghamshire hamlet with historical links to the Rothschild family, including one of their more impressive family mansions. Mentmore retains much of the charm from previous years and boasts St. Mary's church which dates back to the 14th Century. Village life revolves around an active social calendar and locals enjoy the hospitality of the village pub 'The Stag' with its cosy public bar and Restaurant. There is also a golf and country club within a 5 minute drive. Cheddington which is approximately 1.25 miles from Mentmore has a Train Station, which runs into London, Euston (approx 45 min.) and village shop, school and church. Leighton Buzzard is 5 miles away with trains to London Euston taking 32 minutes and Tring is 7 miles away.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56079385.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TRG102039. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Brown & Merry, Tring. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.