6 bedroom detached house for saleRectory Road, Gissing, Diss
Sold STC £750,000
- Traditional family home
- 4/6 + bedrooms
- Annexe/function building
- Unconverted brick and slate tiled barn
- Five acres (STMS)
A handsome and beautifully proportioned period home situated within large established grounds of circa five acres (STMS) and having an extensive range of outbuildings including a fully operational function building/annexe, a particularly fine brick barn and former piggeries.
A handsome traditional family home situated within large established grounds of circa five acres (STMS). There is an extensive range of buildings additional to the main house which include various outbuildings and a large brick barn with a new slate tiled roof with further potential. There is also a self contained function building/annexe with plenty of options, a further range of brick and tile outbuildings, woodland, landscaped gardens and paddocks. Red House Farm is situated in the South Norfolk countryside yet within ten minutes' drive of Diss with all its amenities and its important direct rail link to London Liverpool Street. It is also within easy access of the A140 and the county capitals of Norwich and Ipswich.
With double cupboard, boiler providing hot water and central heating. Original servants bells, main and secondary staircases to first and second floors.
With shower cubicle, low level WC and wash hand basin.
With door to outside.
Fine double aspect room with original window shutters and open hearth fireplace.
Another elegant double aspect room with original shuttered windows. Original Victorian fireplace.
uPVC construction with French doors opening onto the York stone terrace and rear garden.
With low level WC and wash hand basin.
A fabulous room with French doors opening onto the south facing terrace with part vaulted ceiling and exposed timbers. Bespoke full height oak shutters for French doors. Tiled floor and door to kitchen/breakfast room. Door to lobby and external entrance door close to parking and garage.
With bath, wash hand basin and low level WC.
Kitchen/ Breakfast Room
A double aspect room with solid oak door to the front. Brick chimney breast with bressumer beam and wood burning stove. Raised hearth. Original window shutters. Range of kitchen units including one and a half bowl china sink unit, electric oven, plumbing for washing machine, inset Calor gas hob, extensive granite work surfaces. Cupboards and drawers etc. Walk-in shelved pantry cupboard.
With door to family room and window to front aspect. Fireplace with pamment tiled hearth and brick chimney breast with bressumer beam. Shuttered window openings. Original oven. Door to hall.
First Floor Landing
With staircase to second floor.
Double aspect windows, wash hand basin, original Victorian fireplace and cupboard.
Double aspects with wash hand basin. Original fireplace and cupboard.
Window to front aspect overlooking garden and fields beyond. Wash hand basin.
Window to side aspect. Wash hand basin.
Second Floor Landing
All with original oak floor boards.
Sitting Room Area
With eaves storage and doors into three additional bedrooms suitable for a variety of purposes.
A combination of conversions of existing period buildings with some modern construction includes a fine brick barn built in the 18th Century with an impressive oak roof and a new slate roof. Elsewhere is an attached single storey annexe/function area (see floorplans) which is connected to the barn with front and rear entrances and incorporates a large function room, bathroom and a large part divided open plan kitchen/dining/living space with a window seat overlooking the private terrace and garden on the South side. The kitchen area is fully equipped.
A small detached office/studio is set back in the corner of the garden and at the front as a kiln included.
Red House Farm built in 1860 is situated on the fringe of this small thriving rural village and has a private brickweave driveway winding up to the property and providing large parking and turning areas and a drop off outside the entrance to the dwelling. The property as a whole will lend itself to multiple occupation with uses including a holiday letting, guest accommodation, entertainment and leisure uses etc. There are beautiful gardens on all sides of the property, a private walled South facing terrace garden for the function room/ annexe area, areas of mature woodland, wide sweeping lawns, a child proofed pond area with outside seating and paddock areas all amounting to circa five acres (STMS).
Red House Farm also has extensive range of block built former piggeries which, although in poor repair in parts, has potential for changes of use whilst there are also extensive roof pantiles suitable for salvage and re-use.
Superb and extensive rurally situated property with numerous uses and opportunities for a variety of activities and occupation scenarios.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56122648.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference ZK1101313. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Norwich - Select Homes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.