4 bedroom detached house for saleSway, Lymington, Hampshire
Originally intended for the builders own occupation and built to an exacting specification, this magnificent brand new family residence offers a unique opportunity to complete a superb project to the purchasers personal requirements.
This leafy village on the southern edge of the New Forest has everything you could want for family life in the Forest. There’s a village primary school rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, a vibrant community with annual carnival, village hall (activities range from archery to yoga), plus cricket, football and tennis clubs. And while there’s easy access to the Forest’s open grassland, heathland and woodland for dog walking and cycling, Sway is off the Forest’s usual tourist tracks and feels peaceful and relaxed.
The village centre combines the unusual with the desirable: a contemporary arts hub, quality businesses, mainline railway station, choice of popular pubs, good cafe/deli, award-winning butcher’s, village store and post office among others.
Property is an attractive pick ‘n’ mix of everything including substantial country houses, individual modern builds in good-sized plots, family homes, imaginative refurbishments, closes of quality new terraces, chalet bungalows and a smattering of Edwardian semi-detached villas and thatched cottages.
Sway’s claims to fame include 200-foot high Sway Tower, the tallest structure made out of non-reinforced concrete, and the countryside around Sway was the setting for Captain Marryat’s work The Children of the New Forest.
The property has been designed to meet the owner’s family requirements which are endorsed by high quality building materials and traditional construction methods. The new dwelling has been intelligently planned to maximise the size of the plot and provide low maintenance living for many years. The main house is watertight and secure and the garage/office is completed with all utilities and services working.
• Main residence offering well configured accommodation of approximately 2,600 sq.ft.
• Garden Room featuring stunning glazed, solar reflective lantern roof with electric openers and oversized bi-fold doors opening to the garden
• Family room with a feature brick fireplace for wood burner, vaulted ceiling and electrically operated Velux window
• Study with solar reflective glazed bay
• Open plan kitchen/dining room with open fireplace for wood burning stove
• Boot Room/Utility Room with WC
• Four double bedrooms (Two en-suites). With electrically operated window to master bedroom.
• Detached double garage complex with external oak staircase to large office space above
• Substantial outbuilding in the rear garden of approximately 5m x 10m
• Front garden and good size rear garden
• Impressive vaulted ceilings in bedrooms 1 and 3
• High quality Michelmersh external brickwork with white cement
• Reconstituted stone cills to front and side elevations, and header stone above front door inscribed with house name and matching quoins to front door
Rainwater and sewerage is all completed and has been approved by Building Control. Electricity supply has been installed to garage and main house. Phone line is connected with broadband service. Gas supply pipes laid in ground. Solar panels discretely located on rear elevation of roof
Windows: Manufacturer Storm Evolution Timber Alternative. High quality low maintenance UPVC
All stages of construction to date have been approved by the local building control authority with the additional benefit of a 10 year Premier Guarantees Structural Warranty.
From our office in Brockenhurst turn left and proceed up Brookley Road and take the first right into Sway Road continue to the end of the Sway Road and turn right. Continue for approximately two miles before taking the forth turning right into Manchester Road and the property can be seen on the right hand side after a short distance.
Property ref: 121_666_4195541
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4195541. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Spencers Of The New Forest, Brockenhurst. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.