1 bedroom detached house for saleThe Old School House, Burcot, Abingdon
Sold STC £350,000
Designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott, the renowned Victorian architect, known for St. Pancras Station and Albert Memorial as well as many other 19th Century structures, the Old School was constructed in 1867 as a village chapel, but was later used as a school. Doors, leaded windows, stonework and timbers are original as are many of the fitments including, pews, tables, lectern and screen.
A kitchen, bathroom and balcony were added in the 1970's. A storage shed and garden are directly behind the building.
Burcot, a small hamlet on the north side of the Thames, is 8 miles from Oxford, a mile and a half from Dorchester and a scant mile to Clifton Hampden with post office, shops, public house, primary school and parish church in close proximity. Nearest access to London trains is from Didcot Station, a seven minute drive.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56195506.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference ABD160287. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Breckon & Breckon, Abingdon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.