2 bedroom flat for saleProperty 3, The Boilerhouse, Chiefswood Road, Melrose
- Double height living area
- Heat pump with underfloor heating
- Winter garden
- Inglenook with stove
Please quote reference 24990 when enquiring about this property
Apartment 3 -
The property makes use of the space beneath each of the three coal hoppers, which feature as giant inverted pyramids suspended within the main, double height space.
This 2 bed property is entered from the east, directly from the timber deck leading from the car parking spaces. The hall area and snug area with wood burning stove and built-in seating are located beneath the mezzanine level which looks onto the main space of the open-plan kitchen, dining, living room. The typology of these units brings the strong south light from the mezzanine level straight through into the main space, where it bounces off the angled concrete face of the hopper and is refracted around the room. An original window opening made in the north wall is unblocked and reinstated with double glazed units. The ground floor bedroom has a walk-in dressing room and en-suite bathroom. Up the stairs to the upper level, the mezzanine study area is lit by a skylight above. The upper landing gives out into a glazed winter garden area, which acts as a thermal buffer zone, in turn leading out onto a south facing terrace. The second bedroom, with en-suite WC and shower room is also accessed from this landing.
There are five solar panels located on the roof, alongside the mezzanine skylight. An exhaust air heat pump is located on the mezzanine and provides energy-efficient heating for the whole property.
Gross internal floor area 83 m2 / 893 ft2
Guide Price 215,000
Overview of development -
This property is carved out of the sculptural concrete Boiler House form. This property has its own dedicated front door. Tailored to the Borders climate, the property benefits from a "winter garden" space, a glazed area to capture the southern rays of the sun. To warm the heart of the project the property has an integral wood-burning stove with an "inglenook" seating area designed around the focus of the space. The stove flues vent to the outside via the original chimney, keeping the original function of the Boiler House alive. Making use of renewable energy technologies, the property is served by a heat pump, and supplemented by solar panels mounted on the roof. The Boiler House Project has its own dedicated off-street car parking and bicycle parking spaces.
There are two purchasing options:
1. Fixed price: The guide prices are fixed and purchase of the unit is secured via payment of a reservation fee, a deposit on the Conclusion of the Missive and three stage payments during the course of the works.
2. Sealed bid: The parties that have noted interest submit competitive sealed bids once a closing date is set. A deposit will be payable by the preferred bidder on the Conclusion of the Missive and the balance will be due at the submission of the Certificate of Completion.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 0024990. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Urban.co.uk, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.