4 bedroom cottage for saleEastgate Street, North Elmham, Dereham
Sold STC £285,000
- 3/4 Bedroom Extended Semi-Detached Cottage
- 24' Kitchen/Dining Room + Utility Room
- 1/2 Reception Rooms + Snug Area
- Ground Floor + First Floor Bathrooms
- Enclosed Rear Garden + Off-Road Parking
- Oil-Fired Central Heating
- Double-Glazed Windows
- Non-Estate Village Location
This beautiful 3/4 bedroom semi-detached period property is steeped in history, located in a non-estate position in the ever-popular village of North Elmham. The property boasts a 24' kitchen/dining room, utility room, 2 bathrooms, gardens and off-road parking. Internal viewing is strongly advised.
This beautiful semi-detached period property is steeped in history, we are lead to believe that the property dates back to the early-mid 1800's and was formerly one of six cottages, which later became a shop in the 1940's/1950's. In the 1980's it was then changed into residential accommodation.
The flexible accommodation can only be fully appreciated by an internal inspection.
L Shaped Entrance Hall
Airing cupboard housing the hot water cylinder, radiator, tiled flooring, stable-style external entrance door opening to the side aspect, door opening to:
Suite comprising low-level w.c., hand wash basin, panelled bath with shower over, tiled splash backs, heated towel rail, tiled flooring, double-glazed window to the side aspect.
Snug Area 13' 1" x 8' 1" ( 3.99m x 2.46m )
Radiator, exposed timbers, double-glazed window to the side aspect, arch opening to:
Lounge 12' 1" x 12' max ( 3.68m x 3.66m max )
Open fireplace with wood burner, radiator, television point, double-glazed windows to the front aspect.
Utility Room 8' x 7' 5" ( 2.44m x 2.26m )
Single drainer sink unit, plumbing for washing machine, floor-mounted oil-fired central heating boiler.
Kitchen / Dining Room 24' 1" x 10' 10" max ( 7.34m x 3.30m max )
A range of floor-mounted fitted kitchen units with work surfaces over, inset single drainer sink unit, tiled splash backs, plumbing for dishwasher, space for cooker, tiled flooring, inset ceiling spotlights, double-glazed window to the rear aspect, double-glazed external entrance doors opening to the rear garden.
(Currently used as an art/hobbies area) Staircase rising to the first floor landing, inset ceiling spotlights, door opening to:
Bedroom 4 / Reception Room 12' 1" x 11' 11" max ( 3.68m x 3.63m max )
(Currently used as a study) Fireplace with pamment-tiled hearth, radiator, telephone point, double-glazed windows to the front aspect.
First Floor Landing
Velux window, door opening to:
Bedroom 1 11' 11" max x 11' 11" max to chimney breast ( 3.63m max x 3.63m max to chimney breast )
Built-in wardrobe, radiator, double-glazed window overlooking the front aspect.
Bedroom 2 12' x 11' 11" max ( 3.66m x 3.63m max )
Radiator, double-glazed window overlooking the front aspect.
Bedroom 3 12' 10" max x 7' 10" ( 3.91m max x 2.39m )
Radiator, double-glazed window overlooking the rear aspect.
Suite comprising low-level w.c., hand wash basin, panelled bath with shower over, tiled splash backs, heated towel rail, shaver point, inset ceiling spotlights, extractor fan, double-glazed window overlooking the rear aspect.
To the front of the property there is small hard-landscaped garden area, enclosed by picket fencing. A driveway to the side aspect provides off-road parking and access to the rear garden.
The rear garden is laid mainly to lawn with a paved patio area, flower and shrub beds, apple tree, herb and vegetable plot, outside tap, timber garden storage shed and is enclosed by closeboard fencing and brick and flint walling.
The village green, directly behind the rear garden, is accessed via a garden gate. There is a children's play area on the green and a safe route to the primary school.
North Elmham is a popular village steeped in history. Local facilities include a doctor's surgery, a primary school, shops, public houses, a cafe and various public open spaces and amenities. The market town of Dereham is about 5 miles away, Fakenham lies 9 miles away and the City of Norwich is about 20 miles away. The village is served by regular bus services. Dereham and Fakenham offer shopping facilities, a full range of schools, hotels, churches and public houses. Dereham offers many sport and leisure activities including a leisure centre with a gymnasium, modern pool and indoor bowls. There is also a friendly and sociable golf club.
Upon entering the village of North Elmham from the direction of Dereham, proceed along Holt Road ad take the first right-hand turn into Eastgate Street, marked by bollards. Continue along the street and the property can be found on the left-hand side, identified by our William H Brown "For Sale" board.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56367598.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference DRM110075. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Dereham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.