4 bedroom detached house for salePenhurst, Battle
Sold STC £1,100,000
- Grade II Listed Oast and Barn
- Sympathetically converted and renovated
- Stunning countryside views
- Excellent detached ancillary accommodation
- Range of stabling and outbuildings
- Beautiful gardens and grounds including pasture fields
- In all about 6.2 acres
**Guide Price: £1,100,000-£1,200,000**
A well presented Grade II Listed oast and barn, sympathetically converted and refurbished, together with detached ancillary accommodation, situated in beautiful rural East Sussex countryside. Range of stabling, outbuildings, beautiful gardens and grounds including pasture fields - in all about 6.2 acres.
Sprays Oast Farm is a well presented detached Grade II Lister period barn and oast, sympathetically converted some years ago and in recent times refurbished to a high standard to form a very comfortable family home. The interior is light and spaciously planned with east and west-facing aspects and some exposed light oak timbering, the elevations being brick with black painted weatherboarding beneath a tiled roof.
There is oil-fired central heating and some secondary double glazing.
The main features are:
- Oak front door to attractive and very spacious reception hall with oak floor, range of fitted book shelves, deep bay window with solid oak sill, coat cupboard and cloakroom. The sitting room is double aspect to enjoy the views, wood burning stove, doors to brick terrace and garden. The circular dining room has a tiled floor and is double aspect.
- The farmhouse kitchen/breakfast room is well fitted with granite work surfaces, integrated electric hob and cooker, ceramic tiled floor and oil-fired 2-oven Aga. Inner door to rear lobby for wellington boots and coats with door to garden. Utility room with sink, plumbing for washing machine and space for upright fridge/freezer.
- The first floor has a spacious landing with fitted bookshelves. The good sized principal bedroom is double aspect with wardrobe cupboards and an en suite bathroom with both a bath and separate shower cubicle.
- There are three further bedrooms, one with a Jack and Jill shower room, and family bathroom.
This stands a short distance from the main house and comprises a detached, brick and tile former outbuilding converted some years ago into a well-appointed separate unit comprising hall and two bedrooms both with en suite shower rooms.
They comprise a brick and tile double garage and adjacent former dairy/party room 45 x 14'6 and six loose boxes, one of which is currently used as a workshop and another as a studio, feed/tack room and double bay open-fronted tractor/hay store.
THE GARDENS AND GROUNDS
These form a really delightful setting to Sprays Oast Farm and have been professionally landscaped. There is a large gravel drive approach with parking for several cars, extensive brick terrace and pathways, series of raised beds, circular lavender bed, pergola with established wisteria on a paved terrace, ideal for al fresco entertaining.
To one side is an area of lawn surrounded by shrubs/flower beds and, to the front, a former moat. Beyond is a much larger area of lawn/rough grass with a number of specimen trees and small apple orchard. Beyond are the pasture fields running down to a small area of woodland with a stream on the bottom boundary.
In all about 6.2 acres.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56392897.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BAT160217. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Battle - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.