5 bedroom detached house for saleHigh Street, Ivinghoe
Offers in Excess of £1,000,000
- DETACHED 15TH CENTURY COTTAGE
- FIVE BEDROOMS
- THREE RECEPTION ROOMS
- INGLENOOK FIREPLACE
- FITTED KITCHEN/ BREAKFAST ROOM
- SPACIOUS PRIVATE GARDEN
- GRADE TWO LISTED
- HISTORIC VILLAGE LOCATION
Dating back to the mid 17th century and offering a plethora of character and charm is this Grade 2 listed five bedroom detached cottage in the heart of the historic village of Ivinghoe
Dating back to the mid 17th century and offering a plethora of character and charm is this Grade 2 listed five bedroom detached cottage in the heart of the historic village of Ivinghoe. With the abundance of rooms, versatile accommodation and spacious private garden, an internal inspection is highly warranted.
The cottage provides versatile rooms and spacious living and is set out over two floors. On the ground floor you are met with wide entrance hall that has doors leading to the downstairs shower room that has enclosed cubicle with power shower, wash hand basin and WC. there is a boot room which has a multitude of uses and door leading to the off street parking. In addition to the rooms there is the first staircase of the hall which leads to the Bedroom Five and family room which is adjoined. Entering the lounge from the hallway there is a cosy feeling and this is only accentuated by the imposing Inglenook fireplace. The bespoke hand made kitchen is well proportioned and offers integrated appliance and creates the hub of the house as it opens into the light breakfast room with its full length windows, vaulted ceiling and french doors onto the garden. There are two rooms of the kitchen and these comprise of fully functioning office, utility room and cloakroom with low level WC. The cellar is a hidden gem and offers a great storage space or option for any budding wine enthusiasts. The last room on the ground floor is the formal dining room and encapsulates the character with exposed wall and ceiling beams.
Moving upstairs there is a family bathroom with vanity unit encasing the wash hand basin and WC plus a panel enclosed bath with aqualisa power shower. The four bedrooms are all doubles and the master suite in particular which offers a wealth of space and also an en suite with Aqualisa shower, bath and hand made solid wood units enclosing the wash hand basin and WC.
The garden is best described as a secret area of tranquility with mature trees offering privacy on all sides, there are two York stone patio areas, one providing secluded sunlight and barbecue space whilst the other offers shade from the ornate iron Gazebo and is perfect for evening dining or entertaining. There is a side gate which leads onto the driveway where there is ample parking for up to 4 vehicles.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TRG103996. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Brown & Merry, Tring. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.