2 bedroom barn conversion for saleLittle Marcle, Ledbury, HR8
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Reception Room
- Barn Conversion
- 884 Approx Sq Ft
Full descriptionDelightful single storey barn conversion set within attractive gardens and grounds in a tranquil rural location
Summary of Features
* Detached single-storey barn conversion (884 sq ft) * 2 double bedrooms, Master with en-suite, family bathroom * Open plan sitting/dining room with feature fireplace * Country-style kitchen fitted kitchen with integrated cooker * Enclosed garden, use of communal grounds, parking
* Mileages: Ledbury 3½ miles, Malvern 10 miles, Ross-on-Wye 11 miles, Hereford 12 miles, Gloucester 17 miles, Cheltenham & Worcester 30 miles, Birmingham 65 miles * Road: M50 (Jct 2) 8 miles; M5 (Jct 8) 19 miles * Railway: Ledbury, Malvern, Hereford * Airport: Bristol (60 miles), Birmingham (63 miles)
Church Wall Cottage enjoys a secluded but accessible rural location; approached from a quiet country lane and surrounded by beautiful countryside. The property lies within the hamlet of Little Marcle, just 3½ miles from the thriving market town of Ledbury. The surrounding countryside is classed as a Conservation Area with this region offering a sought after rural quality of life combined with excellent access to the nearby market town of Ledbury and main arterial links for the rest of the country.
Church Wall Cottage
* This charming stone and brick barn conversion dates back to the 1800s and was converted c. 2000. * There are 2 double bedrooms, master with en-suite shower room, 2nd bedroom with built-in-storage/wardrobes. * The fitted kitchen is nice and light, and benefits from an integrated cooker with stainless steel extractor hood, halogen hob and a larder-style cupboard. * The sitting/dining room features an inglenook fireplace on a terracotta tiled hearth, inset with wood-burning stove, in addition to useful built-in cupboards and shelves. * Exposed beams provide some character and an indication of the propertys agricultural past.
* A private, tarmac driveway flanked by lawned areas and mature trees, leads to the property and parking area for 1 vehicle. * Attractive, enclosed walled garden with lawned area, planted with mature shrubs, flowering plants, including clematis and climbing roses, a cherry tree and a grapevine covered pergola. * A patio terrace provides the perfect spot to sit and enjoy the south-facing garden and tranquil surroundings. * There is further access to use and enjoy the parkland-style communal grounds, including a small area of young woodland and 2 large ponds; a haven for wildlife.
Mains electricity. Mains water. Shared private drainage (willow wet system). Villager wood-burning stove. Broadband is available and connected.
Herefordshire Council: 01432 260000.
Band D; (£1,609.97 2016/17).
A Management Committee maintains the Willow Wet private drainage system, communal grounds and woodland, for a nominal monthly fee.
The private driveway is shared between 3 properties.
* Primary: Much Marcle, Ashperton & Ledbury * Secondary: Ledbury. For further information visit www.herefordshire.gov.uk * Independent: Colwall, Malvern, Worcester, Cheltenham, Hereford & Monmouth have some excellent independent schools. For further information visit www.isc.co.uk
Little Marcle has a church and farm shop, the nearby village of Much Marcle (3 miles) has a good range of amenities including a village store & post office, garage, pub, village hall, church and primary school. The market town of Ledbury provides a comprehensive range of domestic, retail and leisure facilities as well as a cottage hospital, two doctors surgeries, theatre and railway station. More extensive cultural and retail opportunities can be found at Hereford, Worcester and Cheltenham, which are all within easy travelling distance.
The area offers a wide range of outdoor sports and activities, with the Malvern Hills and Wye Valley within easy access. The Three Counties Showground in Malvern hosts a wide range of events. A variety of farmers markets, festivals and events take place in and around the area throughout the year. Other sporting opportunities include golf at Malvern, cricket at Worcester, tennis at Ledbury and Premiership rugby at Worcester and Gloucester. Horse racing is at Hereford, Cheltenham and Worcester.
There is additional visitors parking.
From Ledbury; Take the A449 west towards Ross-on-Wye for approximately 2 miles. At Preston Cross roundabout, take the right exit north onto the A4172 to Little Marcle. After approximately 1 mile, take the first left up a No Through Road turning at the offset cross roads onto Little Marcle Road. Continue along this lane, passing a small cluster of houses on your right. After a short distance take the first right turn, then immediately fork left, follow the private tarmac road to the property, which is located in the left corner.
By prior appointment via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341.
Grant & Co and their clients give notice that: 1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56489008.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HFD160189. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Grant & Co, Ledbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.