4 bedroom town house for saleBurghley Road, Peterborough
- Four storey Victorian town house
- Updated and extended by the current owner
- Good proximity to the main line train station
- Off road parking/single garage
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room
- External workshop/gym
- Low maintenance rear courtyard garden
A beautiful four storey Victorian property within easy reach of Peterborough's City Centre and train station, which is ideal for commuting to London. The property has been updated and extended by the current owner to a high standard with a contemporary feel throughout, whilst retaining a wealth.....
A beautiful four storey Victorian town house within easy reach of Peterborough's City Centre and train station, which is ideal for commuting to London. The property has been updated and extended by the current owner to a high standard with a contemporary feel throughout, whilst retaining a wealth of character and original features including sash windows; fireplaces and a beautiful Victorian style tiled hallway. The property benefits from formal reception rooms to the ground floor that open up into a light and spacious contemporary living area. To the lower ground floor are two further reception rooms and a double bedroom, prefect for an au-pair or a live-in nanny. To the first floor are two double bedrooms, one being the master featuring en-suite facilities. To the second floor is a further double bedroom and a family bathroom. The property also benefits from off-road parking, a courtyard style garden and an outside workshop/gym.
The property is set over four floors and is entered at the first floor through a quarry paved front garden, leading into a small vestibule with double doors leading through to a spacious entrance hall. The entrance hall with Victorian style tiled flooring, doors through to the reception rooms, access to the rear of the property and stairs to both the lower ground and first floor. There is a formal drawing room at the front of the property with a sash bay window to the front aspect, oak flooring, dado and picture rail, a stone fireplace with wood burning stove and double doors leading through to the dining room. The dining room is at the centre of the property and has oak flooring, a picture rail and is open plan to the kitchen.
The fantastic extension to the house is the open plan kitchen which has been fitted to an extremely high standard with a range of base and wall units with light oak doors and granite work surfaces. There is a large breakfast island and a range of appliances throughout the kitchen, two large roof lights and double doors giving access to the garden and a downstairs cloakroom.
On the lower ground floor, a formal sitting room is situated to the front of the property, with sash windows, exposed beams and a large storage cupboard. At the centre of the ground floor is a cinema room and a double bedroom to the rear, with window to the side aspect and an en-suite shower room.
On the first floor there is a half landing with access to a WC and a further step up to a spacious galleried landing, with stairs to second floor and access to two double bedrooms, the master bedroom being at the front of the property with a large bay sash window, window seat and an en-suite shower room.
On the second floor, a further part galleried landing gives access to a large double bedroom at the front of the property and a family bathroom at the rear, the bathroom fitted with a four piece suite including a claw footed bath and double shower cubicle.
The property is approached by a front garden enclosed by wrought iron railings and is laid to quarry tiled paving with steps leading up to the front door. To the rear, is a spacious courtyard garden with a good sized quarry tiled paving area, a further paved seating area and access to the gym/workshop. To the side is a further paved area with a wood store.
The property also benefits from garaging.
Situated close to the City Centre, Burghley Road is less than one mile from the City Centre which has the main shopping district and offers a diverse range of restaurants and eateries, extensive retail opportunity, medical centre, the historic Cathedral and also with the main line train station providing fast and frequent rail links into London Kings Cross, with an advertised journey time of around 50 minutes. Ferry Meadows Country Park can be found nearby and offers walking and cycling routes, as well as extensive outdoor recreational activities such as water sports, golf courses, children's play parks and cafes. With the beautiful open rolling countryside of Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and Norfolk all very accessible.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56493832.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HUC101143. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hurfords, Peterborough. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.