4 bedroom detached house for saleWayland Avenue, Brighton
Sold STC £800,000
- Spacious detached chalet style house
- 4/5 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Lounge with log burner
- Vaulted ceiling & exposed beams
- South facing rear garden
- Detached Garage
- Scope for improvement
Standing in an elevated position in a prime residential area and enjoying a south facing aspect, this deceptively spacious, 4/5 bedroom detached property offers potential for improvement/alteration.
This intriguing, detached, chalet-style property was formerly in use for a nearby farm and has a double height/vaulted ceiling in part with exposed beams and a huge glass panel replacing first floor cargo doors used for loading hay bales etc. The house has been added to over the years and now features three ground floor bedrooms, large bathroom, spacious reception hall, a large farmhouse style kitchen/breakfast room and an impressive lounge/dining area with log burner, vaulted ceiling with open riser staircase leading to an enormous triple aspect master bedroom with en-suite.
The area (between Dyke Road Avenue and Withdean Road offers some of Brightons' most expensive homes) is highly sought after for excellent local schools (Westdene Primary), transport links along London Road, Dyke Road and Preston Park railway station, and the fabulous Withdean Sports Complex is along the road in the valley. The plot enjoys a favoured north-south aspect with separate detached garage at road level and brick pathway rising to the elevated position of the house, where there is potential for a large roof-terrace and so much more - viewing is essential to appreciate the versatile and flexible uses for the space on offer.
Spacious reception area with front window and side access door. Open corridor through to main reception with doors leading off to ground floor rooms.
Lounge/ Dining Room 25' 10" including stairs x 13' 3" plus recess ( 7.87m including stairs x 4.04m plus recess )
Dual aspect living space with feature log burner, solid oak flooring, sliding doors leading to south facing rear deck and garden. West facing picture window and vaulted ceiling, open staircase to first floor level, two radiators and window to side.
Kitchen 13' 6" x 13' 4" ( 4.11m x 4.06m )
Bespoke range of cupboard and drawer units to three walls incorporating oven with gas hob and extractor hood above, stainless steel sink unit, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for dishwasher and free standing fridge freezer. Central space for breakfast table, stable door with additional side access, sectional floor covering, window to side, inset spotlights, radiator and hatch to lounge.
Bedroom Two 15' 4" plus wardrobes x 9' 6" ( 4.67m plus wardrobes x 2.90m )
uPVC window to rear, built in wardrobe and radiator.
Bedroom Three 14' into bay x 13' ( 4.27m into bay x 3.96m )
Bay window to front and additional window to side and built in wardrobe.
Bedroom Four 10' 1" x 8' 11" ( 3.07m x 2.72m )
Window to front, radiator and solid woo flooring.
Low level wc, vanity wash hand basin, shower cubicle with mains pressure shower, radiator and storage cupboard.
First Floor Landing
Galleried landing space with exposed beams access to
Studio Area (potential Bed 5)
Exposed beams to the sloping ceilings, currently used as storage - this space offers potential to develop with skylight windows already in place. Dual aspect room.
Bedroom One 21' 7" x 16' 1" max ( 6.58m x 4.90m max )
Light and space with this triple aspect room with views towards the South Downs. Painted brick wall and storage.
Dual aspect windows, roll-top bath, pedestal wash basin, low-level wc. Radiator.
Attic Room 15' 10" x 9' 2" ( 4.83m x 2.79m )
With sloping ceilings.
Detached garage with double doors. Brick pathway with mature borders leading to a paved courtyard at front.
With timber decking running adjacent to the rear. Central steps leading to the lawn with several mature trees, fenced boundaries, section for storage sheds/summer house.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56707360.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference PRP103289. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fox & Sons, Brighton Preston Road. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.