Workshop for saleChesterfield Road South, Mansfield
Guide Price £1,120,000
- LET TO KWIK-FIT (GB) LTD WITH GUARANTEE FROM KWIK-FIT HOLDINGS LTD
- * MINIMUM RENTAL UPLIFT ON 20TH MARCH 2017 TO £71,227.56 OR OPEN MARKET VALUE
- * LEASE EXPIRES MARCH 2032 WITH NO BREAK CLAUSES
- OFFERS INVITED IN EXCESS OF £1.12M BASED UPON 6% AFTER PURCHASES COSTS OF 5.85%
Location - The property occupies a prominent main road location on the eastern side of Chesterfield Road South, the A6191 being close to Tesco Extra at the junction of Rosemary Street, the Mansfield inner ring road and within a short distance of Clumber Street and the Four Seasons Shopping Centre on Westgate.
The property is immediately opposite to St. Philip Neri Catholic Church and close to West Nottinghamshire College at the junction of Paulsons Drive.
Mansfield is a thriving north Nottinghamshire town located some 25 miles north of Nottingham, 15 miles south east of Chesterfield with good road communications to the M1 Motorway along the A38 Sutton Road and also to Junction 29 along Chesterfield Road, the A617. The town has also undergone extensive regeneration over the course of the last few years including the development of the nearby St. Peters Way Retail Park and Portland Retail Park where national multiple retailers are represented including Next, Boots, Sports Direct and Currys PC World.
Description - The property is a substantial single storey building of brick construction under an insulated profile clad north light roof arranged on ground floor and providing a large workshop and tyre fitting bay set back behind a forecourt providing off-street parking for some 15 cars. There is a customer reception office and waiting area with staff canteen and rest room facilities on ground floor.
A side driveway parallel to Paulsons Drive provides access to the remaining rear single storey workshop accommodation which is effectively only utilised for storage purposes having goods loading access by means of a sliding timber door to the side driveway.
Accommodation - Tyre and Exhaust Centre 1068.3 sq.m. 11,500 sq.ft.
Rear Storage Warehouse 478.4 sq.m. 5,150 sq.ft.
1,546.7 sq.m. 16,650 sq.ft.
Front forecourt parking for approx. 15 cars.
Lease - Term
25 years from the 20th March 2007 expiring on 19th March 2032 without break clauses.
£61,441.52 per annum payable quarterly in advance.
The rent is subject to upward only rent review to a minimum of either open market value or £71,227.56 on 20th March 2017 with further rent reviews to open market value only on 20th March 2022 and at 5 yearly intervals thereafter.
The specified floor area for the purposes of establishing market rent for the purposes of the 2022 rent review onwards is based upon a gross internal area of 1,512 sq.m.
Full repairing and insuring basis.
Option to Renew
The tenant will have the right at any time prior to 19th March 2031 to give written notice to the landlord to renew the lease for a further 15 years expiring on 19th March 2047.
The property is let to Kwik-Fit (GB) Ltd, Company Number 01009184 who reported a turnover for the year to 31st March 2015 of £472m with a gross profit of £74m. The company have a total of 618 automotive repair centres as at 31st March 2015 (source Companies House).
The lease is guaranteed by Kwik-Fit Holdings Ltd as surety, Company Number 00362333 who were incorporated on the 12th July 1940 and are an investment holding company providing funding to its UK subsidiaries within the Kwik-Fit Group. The company had fixed asset investments of £28.3 million as at 31st March 2015 with a profit for the year to March 2015 before tax of £11,000.
Energy Performance Certificate - The property has an Energy Performance Certificate issued on 3rd March 2010 showing the property with an Energy Performance Asset Rating within Band D at 96 CO2 emissions.
Vat - The rent and purchase price is quoted exclusive of VAT which is payable.
Price - Offers invited in excess of £1,120,000 for the benefit of the freehold interest subject to the rental income of £71,227 per annum under the terms of the existing lease.
Costs - Each party to be responsible for the payment of their own legal costs.
Viewing - By arrangement with the agents.
Date: 21st October 2016
Consumer Protectionreulations 2008 - All statements contained in these particulars are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed nor do they form part of any contract or warranty. Unless specified to the contrary interested parties should note the following;
1. All dimensions, distances and floor areas are approximate.
2. Any information given on Town and Country Planning matters and Rating matters has been obtained by verbal enquiry only from the appropriate Local Authority. Interested parties are recommended to obtain written verification thereof.
3. Any information on tenure or tenancies, etc, has been provided to us in good faith by the vendor/lessor of the property. Prospective purchasers/lessees are strongly recommended to have this information verified by their solicitors or other advisers.
4. All information on the availability of mains services is based on information supplied by the vendor or lessor. Statements regarding service installations do not warrant their condition or serviceability.
General - 1. The issuing of these particulars does not constitute an offer or a contract.
2. The property is offered subject to contract and it still being available at the time of enquiry.
3. No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or expense incurred in viewing.
4. These particulars are issued on the distinct understanding that all negotiations are conducted through Spencer Birch.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26609453. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Spencer Birch Chartered Surveyors, Nottingham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.