3 bedroom cottage for saleBakers Lane, Stoke Bruerne
Sold STC £575,000
- Period Detached Cottage
- Stone Built
- Character Features
- Three Double Bedrooms
- Garden Room
- Wrap Around Garden
- Epc Rating - G
The Cottage in Bakers Lane, Stoke Bruerne is a detached period stone built cottage with later extensions. The cottage has character, a wealth of features which include high ceilings, inglenook fireplaces, parquet flooring, leaded windows and exposed stone and beams, deep window sills, panelled doors and wooden pelmets. Gardens surround the cottage on 3 sides and back onto fields with views over open countryside. There is also a tandem garage and driveway providing off road parking.
The accommodation comprises; Reception Hall, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Pantry, Garden Room, Three Double Bedrooms and a Family Bathroom.
Stoke Bruerne - The popular historic village of Stoke Bruerne is set in the heart of rural Northamptonshire with most of the homes and buildings in the village over 200 years old. In and around Stoke Bruerne you'll find the Blisworth Tunnel, historic locks and bridges, a weighing machine, winding hole and traditional canal pubs. Set off in any direction and you'll find unspoilt countryside, tranquil lanes, pretty villages and wild flowers and birds to watch and enjoy. The village primary school offers a small and friendly environment with other primary and secondary schools in the local area.
Stoke Bruerne is ideally situated near the A508 and A5 providing good access to the A43, M1 and M40. Train stations at Milton Keynes, Northampton and Long Buckby offer services to London Euston with journey times of around one hour.
Just over 4 miles away is the vibrant market town of Towcester which boasts independent shops and facilities from fresh foods, gifts, jewellery, accessories and clothes to delicious food on offer from the great restaurants and cafes. Hair and beauty salons, eyecare, household and motoring services can all be taken care of in Towcester too.
Accommodation - The accommodation comprises;
Entrance - An entrance porch leads to the wooden front door which is part glazed and leads to the Reception Hall.
Reception Hall - 4.07m x 3.62m - Windows to front aspect. Parquet flooring. Doors to the Sitting Room and Dining Room. Part glazed double doors with leaded light windows and side panels lead to the Garden Room. Storage heater.
Sitting Room - 4.31m x 6.57m - Leaded windows to front aspect. Window overlooking Garden Room. Exposed beams, inglenook fireplace with exposed stone and beams over. Storage heater. Door to Inner Hallway.
Dining Room - 4.07m x 5.77m - Window to front aspect. Bay window overlooking the Garden Room. Original solid wood flooring. Inglenook fireplace with beam over set on a stone hearth with exposed beams and exposed stone. Storage heater. Door to Kitchen.
Kitchen/Breakfast Room - 4.50m x 2.90m - Window to front aspect. A range of wall and base units with work tops over. Single stainless steel sink and drainer. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Storage heater. Built-in storage cupboard. Exposed stone. Door to Front Porch. Door to Dining Room. Archway to Lobby.
Inner Hallway - Glazed door to Garden Room. Doors to three double bedrooms, family bathroom and airing cupboard which houses hot water tank.
Garden Room - Of part brick and part glazed construction overlooking the rear garden with double French doors to the rear garden. Polycarbonate roof. Doors leading to Lobby and Inner Hall and French doors into the Reception Hall.
Bedroom One - 3.96m x 4.64m - Windows to front and side aspect with views onto the garden and views over open rolling countryside. Storage heater.
Bedroom Two - 3.21m x 4.99m - Window to rear aspect and window overlooking the garden and views over open rolling countryside. Wall mounted sink. Storage heater.
Bedroom Three - 2.72m x 3.82m - Window to side aspect overlooking the garden and views over open rolling countryside. Storage heater.
Family Bathroom - Window to rear aspect. A three piece suite comprising panelled bath with shower over, pedestal wash hand basin and low level w.c. Heated towel rail. Part tiled walls.
Lobby - Window overlooking the rear garden. Storage cupboard. Pantry. Archway to Kitchen/Breakfast Room.
Outside - There is a tandem garage with off road parking. The property is accessed via wrought iron gates onto a paved pathway surrounded by gardens on three sides with views overlooking rolling countryside. The gardens are laid mainly to lawn with mature trees, hedging, beds and borders. There is a shed, workshop, green house and brick built garden store. A covered walk-way leads from the rear garden back to the front of the house.
Viewing - Strictly by prior appointment via the selling agents. Contact 01327 353575.
Fixtures And Fittings - Only those items in the nature of fixtures and fittings mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Other items are specifically excluded. None of the appliances have been tested by the agents and they are not certified or warranted in any way.
Services - The following services are connected to this property :
Mains electricity, water and drainage.
None of the above services have been tested and purchasers should note that it is their specific responsibility to make their own enquiries of the appropriate authorities as to the location, adequacy and availability of mains water, electricity and drainage services.
Important Notice - 1. These particulars have been prepared in all good faith to give a fair overall view of the property. If any points are particularly relevant to your interest in the property please ask for further information.
2. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good structural condition or otherwise, nor that any services, appliances, equipment or facilities are in good working order. Purchasers should satisfy themselves on such matters prior to purchase.
3. The photograph/s depict only certain parts of the property. It should not be assumed that any contents, furnishings/furniture etc. photographed are included in the sale. It should not be assumed that the property remains as displayed in the photograph/s. No assumptions should be made with regard to parts of the property that have not been photographed. Please ask for further information if required.
4. Any areas, measurements or distances referred to are given as a GUIDE ONLY and are not precise. If such details are fundamental to a purchase, purchasers must rely on their own enquiries or those which can be performed by their appointed advisers.
5. Where reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses such information is given in good faith. Purchasers should however make their own enquiries into such matters prior to purchase.
6. Descriptions of the property are subjective and are used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact. Please make further specific enquiries to ensure that our descriptions are likely to match expectations you may have of the property.
7. The information in these particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the Sole Agents or their Clients. The particulars do not form any part of an offer or a contract and neither the Sole Agents nor their employees has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty in relation to this property.
Local Authority - South Northamptonshire Council
The Forum, Moat Lane
Towcester NN12 6AD
Tel : 01327 322322
Council Tax - Band - G
Mortgage Advice - "Your home is at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on a mortgage or other loan secured on it."
Floorplan - Howkins and Harrison provide these plans for reference only - they are not to scale.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56817826.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26486817. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Howkins & Harrison LLP, Towcester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.