8 bedroom detached house for saleOld North Road, Bassingbourn, Royston, Cambridgeshire
Offers in Excess of £1,000,000
- Grade II listed being of architectural or historical interest.
- Versatile accommodation over 3 floors extending to an impressive 5,447 sq ft (506 sq m).
- Many fine period features throughout including fireplaces, sash windows and exposed timbers.
- Ideal opportunity for purchasers to carry future improvements to their own requirements (STPP).
- 6 reception rooms, 8 bedrooms and 5 bath/shower rooms (3 en suite).
- Planning permission granted to demolish the existing barn and erect a new studio/annexe.
- Planning permission granted for a single storey leisure complex.
- Wonderful gardens and grounds extending to 3.41 acres (1.380 hextares).
- Conveniently placed for access to Cambridge (14 miles) and the A1(M) (8 miles).
- Fast train to king's Cross, 38 minutes, from Royston railway station (3 miles).
A substantial village house of considerable charm and character, providing extensive accommodation, together with planning permission for an annexe/studio and leisure complex, situated in wonderful gardens and grounds approaching 3.5 acres.
Royston 3 miles (fast train to King's Cross 38 minutes), Cambridge 14 miles, Baldock 10 miles, A1(M) 8 miles, (distances and time are approximate).
Bassingbourn is situated on the North Hertfordshire/South Cambridgeshire border and offers a good range of local facilities including primary and secondary schools, variety of shops, post office, public houses, doctors', dentist and 2 churches. A wider choice of facilities are available at the market town of Royston (about 3 miles), which also has an 18 hole golf course. The University city of Cambridge lies approximately 14 miles to the north and provides excellent education, shopping and cultural amenities. As well as its academic achievements, the city is also a 'high tech' and 'bio tech' hub with the University Research and Development Laboratories, internationally renowned Cambridge Science Park and Addenbrooke's Hospital/Biomedical Campus. London commuters are well served by road or rail with the A1(M) about 8 miles to the west, the M11, about 10 miles to the east and a mainline railway station at Royston providing services to London's King's Cross in about 38 minutes.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56921947.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CAM150373. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bidwells, Cambridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.