2 bedroom semi-detached house for saleEaton Road, TARPORLEY
Sold STC £250,000
- GUIDE PRICE £250,000-£270,000
- Converted former school house dating back to c1877
- Partially renovated, opportunity to finish the conversion to your specification
- Set in the award winning village of Tarporley
- Off-road parking and a courtyard garden
- Many original features still retained
GUIDE PRICE £250,000-£270,000. Set in the award winning village of Tarporley, this attractive converted former school house dates back to c1877. Once fully refurbished, this property will provide a comfortable home of character with the benefit of off-road parking and a courtyard garden
This attractive converted former school house dating back to c1877 has been partially renovated and has the opportunity for you to finish the conversion to your specification. Once fully refurbished, this property will provide a comfortable home of character with the benefit of off-road parking and a courtyard garden. The property is set in the award winning village of Tarporley which provides fabulous schools and local amenities.
The accommodation is of an individual nature with large picture windows and many original features still retained throughout the home. Internally, to the ground floor is a large entrance hall with a galleried landing, downstairs wc, utility/boiler room, breakfast kitchen (not installed), drawing room with a beautiful multi-fuel burner set in a stone surround, three exceptional windows in the original openings with beautiful stone ledges, double height ceilings to the end providing further light and a beautiful feature. To the first floor is a large family bathroom (not installed) and two double bedrooms with incredible light and feature beams. Externally the property sits on the former school yard providing extensive parking with the possibility of adding a garage subject to the correct permissions, front sitting area and rear courtyard garden. No ongoing chain.
Stainless glass window to the front elevation and a window to the rear elevation. Door into the rear courtyard garden. Stairs to the first floor and galleried landing. Understairs storage cupboard. Doors into breakfast kitchen, downstairs shower room and utility/boiler room.
Low level wc, space and plumbing for a shower, wash hand basin and heated towel rail. Window.
Utility/ Boiler Room
Space and plumbing for a washing machine, dryer and radiator. Door into the Boiler Room.
Breakfast Kitchen 19' 11" x 14' ( 6.07m x 4.27m )
Windows to the side and rear elevation. Space and plumbing for a fully fitted kitchen, island, wall light points and radiator. Ornate and original double doors opening into:-
Drawing Room 21' 4" max x 17' 4" max ( 6.50m max x 5.28m max )
'Clear View' Multi-fuel stove with sandstone surround and a slate hearth. Orginal wooden flooring. Beautiful large windows to the front and side with Sandstone window sills. Exposed beams and double height ceiling area to the front.
First Floor Landing
Galleried landing with window to the front elevation, wall light points and exposed beams. Leading to the inner landing with Velux window to side and doors to both bedrooms and family bathroom.
Master Bedroom 13' 8" x 12' 4" ( 4.17m x 3.76m )
Two windows to the front and side elevation. Exposed beams. Space for a radiator.
Bedroom Two 14' max x 10' 10" max ( 4.27m max x 3.30m max )
Window, exposed beam and space for a radiator.
Bathroom 9' 10" x 8' 8" ( 3.00m x 2.64m )
Velux skylight. Space and plumbing for a low leve wc, wash hand basin, bath and seperate shower. Wall light points. Exposed beam.
Ample off-road parking with the potential for a front garden/ patio area. Courtyard to the rear. Currently shared access but seperate access could be made.
Tarporley is a picturesque village with a bustling High Street that offers a comprehensive range of facilities including pubs, cafes and restaurants, and numerous shops such as convenience stores, pharmacy, butcher, DIY, jewellery & clothing boutiques, gift and antique shops. Other facilities include a petrol station, health centre, cottage hospital, dentist surgery, veterinary practice, community centre, and highly regarded primary and secondary schools. A regular bus service is available from the village that travels to Chester City centre in one direction and Crewe via Nantwich in the other. The village is located within the heart of Cheshire and surrounded by some of the most glorious countryside, with Delamere Forest and the Peckforton & Bickerton Hills just a short drive away.
Tarporley is conveniently situated just off the A51 & A49 which provide links to the M53, M56, M6, A556, and A500, allowing the commuter access to a number of commercial destinations including Chester, Warrington, Liverpool, Manchester, Crewe, and the Potteries. Crewe railway station is approximately 14 miles distant and provides routes to an extensive range of destinations including London, Manchester & Glasgow.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TRP103001. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Swetenhams, Tarporley. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.