6 bedroom detached house for saleBere Court Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire
Guide Price £2,095,000
- Stunning 6 bedroom country house with a superb kitchen/ living room
- Refitted and redesigned to exacting standards
- Highly desirable and sought after road
- 6 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Luxurious specification
- State of the art cinema room
- Hot tub and heated exercise pool
- Gardens of approx 0.78 acres
5,838 sq ft / 542 m² (approx)
Gardens 0.78 acres (approx)
A stunning character 6 bedroom, country house originally constructed in 1910 with some later additions and major renovation in recent years. This property certainly has the ‘wow` factor and is set in a prime location and highly sought after road. Architect designed, lavishly refitted and redesigned to exacting standards. Situated adjacent to and overlooking open natural countryside and set in what is considered to be one of the most important and valuable semi-rural residential lanes in Pangbourne.
Occupying a wonderful position within old established gardens that have been recently re-landscaped. Franklands is entered by way of a private lane with video intercom electric gates complete with pedestrian side entrance.
This is a peaceful, private, very exclusive location with seclusion and a high level of security.
• The spectacular reception hall with limestone flooring and double height full glass window overlooking the gardens
• The large drawing room opening into dining room, with open log fire and polished oak flooring
• A state of the art cinema room, which has been purpose designed and automated by Crestron, with fitted projector, acoustic panelling, permanent acoustically transparent screen hiding speakers and electrically operated black out blinds to the windows, which also allows the use of this room as a family room if so desired
• Crestron have also been responsible for automating lighting, audio and video throughout the property. To future proof the property there is Cat 6 cabling throughout and various controls via wall mounted touch screens iPad control or remotes
• All windows are bespoke aluminium, including bi-fold doors to the kitchen and conservatory to the gardens, and have an energy efficient A rating
• This property has been taken back to bare brick, rendered externally, insulated to a high level, re wired and re plumbed with new boilers
• The whole of the ground floor has under floor heating
• The fabulous living/kitchen area is spacious with limestone flooring and polished stone working surfaces, a central island with walnut breakfast bar and beautifully designed Italian drawers and cupboard units. Fitted and concealed twin fridge freezers, Miele ovens, microwaves and a wine cooler. Twin stainless steel sinks with waste disposal unit.
• All windows throughout the property enjoy exceptionally pretty rural views
• All the bathrooms and showers, as one would expect from a house of this quality, are top of the range
• A useful laundry room will be found on the first floor as well as the utility room on the ground floor (with a further freezer and water softening unit), both with Belfast sinks and wood surfaces
• The master bedroom suite is large and very light with ensuite bathroom and dressing room
• It should be noted that the first floor ceiling structure has been strengthened and the loft area is boarded giving plenty of storage space
• Full video NSI approved security system
• Annexe/ above garage block - The first floor bedroom with large bathroom benefits from direct access to a large roof terrace enjoying views over fields and the gardens. An interesting feature is a large walk over section of toughened glass (3 x 1.5m) which floods light into the room below. The rear of this building has been designed for multiple use which can include further accommodation, a gym or games room and provides the purchaser the option to configure to their needs
• Further self-contained 1st floor annexe (integral to main house) with separate staircase from ground floor with double bedroom and top of the range fitted bathroom and shower
• Recently constructed large garage block suitable for two cars, with extensive storage, twin electric up and over doors and a central pair of pedestrian doors giving central access and also useful for storage for bicycles
• The private lane from Bere Court Road is going to be tarmacked and completed in the Spring of 2016 by Thames Water without cost to the new owner
• Easy access from Franklands to lots of footpaths stretching for miles though natural countryside for the dog walking or biking enthusiast
• This is a fabulous family house, in a wonderful location, that benefits from having undergone a complete architectural redesign that enables modern living whilst maintaining the property`s character
Summary of accommodation: Drawing room/dining room, family room, cinema room, large kitchen/living room, conservatory, large reception hall, utility room, 2 cloakrooms.
First floor: 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, dressing room to master bedroom, dressing room/study to bedroom 2, galleried landing, utility room.
Garage block for 2 cars; twin doors to central storage area, large games room to rear, first floor bedroom and ensuite bathroom, roof terrace with a central weight bearing glazed floor.
Gardens and grounds:
• South facing rear gardens.
• The garden has a fully automated irrigation system.
• The patios are Indian sand stone with to one side a sunken hot tub and a heated exercise pool with Brazilian hardwood decking, under which is a large rain water tank.
• The whole of the garden has recently been professionally landscaped and replanted, still retaining the maturity of the established old garden.
Local facilities and schools: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with buses, a mainline train station, schools and library, a wonderful selection of shops, doctors` practice, pubs and fine restaurants. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance and Pangbourne station gives commuter access to Oxford, Reading and London Paddington, if so desired. The River Thames and the River Pang are also within walking distance. Excellent schools are to hand with Pangbourne College just up the road; Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School. Walking distance to the Pangbourne Primary School, which has foundation stage 1.
Directions: From Dudley Singleton and Daughter`s office turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout, turn right at St James The Less Church into Pangbourne Hill, proceed along Pangbourne Hill for a short distance turning left into Bere Court Road. Proceed along Bere Court Road passing Croft Drive on the right and a large new house on the left, proceed round the bend and take the first private lane access on the right hand side and there is a name place for the property on a tree. Proceed up the private lane and the property will be found on the right. Turn into a gravel drive and turn right into a gravel parking area.
Services: Mains electricity, gas and water. Gas fired central heating, septic tank drainage.
Post Code: RG8 8JY
Local authority: West Berkshire Council. Council Tax: Band H
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56986420.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 277. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Dudley Singleton And Daughter, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.