5 bedroom detached house for saleChapel Row, Bucklebury Common, Berkshire
- Magnificent modern country house
- Surrounded by Bucklebury Common land
- Arranged over 3 floors
- 5/6 bedrooms
- Top quality kitchen and bathrooms
- Flexible family accommodation
- Four car garage
- 4 acres of gardens and woodland (approx)
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
Newbury 5 miles ● Pangbourne 10 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 8 miles ● Thatcham train station 3 miles - fast trains to London Paddington (50 minute journey time) (all distances and timings are approximate)
5,699 sq ft / 530 m²
Gardens & Grounds approximately 4 acres / 1.6 hectares
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid contemporary country house arranged over three floors, offering unique and very flexible family accommodation. Crystal Lodge is constructed to exacting standards throughout with careful attention to design. The property is set within a wonderful location surrounded by its own grounds, part of which is very beautiful ancient woodland, in one of the most sought after areas in Berkshire.
The Bucklebury Common land, which surrounds the property, is noted to be of outstanding rural beauty and the sleepy tranquillity of this very private and exclusive location, together with the innovative and tasteful design, combine to create an unbelievably special country house.
Access from the road is by way of a long gravelled no-through lane bounded by pretty common land. On arrival at the main entrance to the property you can immediately appreciate that Crystal Lodge is a unique and very special country house that certainly does enjoy that all-important wow factor and immense kerb appeal.
The electrically operated teak gates open into a wide forecourt with the main entrance flanked by impressive ornamental ponds and fountains with a substantial pair of oak and glazed doors to the main entrance. From the moment of entering the large reception hall you realise just how much the extraordinary design guides the eye to the wonderful informal grounds in all directions.
● Crystal Lodge has a wonderful atmosphere
● The open plan living area has been subtly sub-divided creating a large sitting area, a large central reception area and a large dining area and a beautifully fitted kitchen
● A stunning circular atrium has been created which rises above the main central reception area to a glazed lantern light roof above the first floor, allowing light to flood in
● The lower ground floor area which is approx. 1,500 sq ft, is entered by the lift from the ground floor main reception area, also steps leading down from the terrace on the first floor or by steps leading from the garden. This area is open plan and furnished to create a sub division to include a large office area, a living/TV area, large gymnasium area and room for a billiards table if so desired, the ceiling has been soundproofed, so could be used as a music studio if so desired with a door giving access to a luxurious wet room shower
● The insulation levels are extremely high and include Pilkington K soft coated tinted gas filled double glazing with top of the range quality aluminium frames
● Solar operated automatic window blinds to all major windows throughout the property which together with the tinted double glazing restricts solar heating to the interior and damage to furniture and fabrics
● Cleverly constructed decked terrace reaches round the house on three sides, secured by hard wood balustrading with glass panels
● Doors give access from the interior on all sides to the decked terrace
● Underfloor central heating to ground & first floor, designer radiators to lower ground floor
● Top quality Kuppersbusch (German) kitchen including twin ovens, ceramic hob, including a recessed wok unit, Neff fitted microwave, TEKA dishwasher, plenty of cupboards and drawers, generous granite work surfaces, pretty herb drawers, stainless steel sink with water filter, a Kuppersbusch stainless steel fridge/freezer with dispensers
● Internal doors throughout the property are either oak panelled or oak framed
● An oak staircase rises and winds round a half landing with a stainless steel and glass balustrading to the large first floor reception area
● Circular balustrading is also found surrounding the atrium with light flooding down to the ground floor from a lantern skylight
● The large first floor landing gives access to all the main bedroom accommodation
● There is access from three bedrooms to the large balcony surrounding the first floor on three sides
● The house has lighting under the eaves illuminating the first floor balconies and the ground floor terraces. Further lighting illuminates the gardens
● Rear gardens face south and therefore enjoy the sun all day long. There is a productive vegetable garden and pretty woodland walks
● The garaging is substantial, comprising of a pair of large secure garages with remote control doors, with car ports giving easy access for everyday use
Summary of accommodation:
Ground floor; large reception hall, large sitting area, dining area, large reception area, with atrium, large kitchen breakfast area, boot room/study, utility area, lift to lower ground floor, cloakroom, full underfloor central heating
First Floor; staircase from reception hall to landing, 5 bedrooms, 5th bedroom is used as a snug, ensuite to bedroom 1 features a large bathroom with whirlpool bath and walk through shower, ensuite to bedroom 2 features a marble tiled bespoke bathroom with full underfloor central heating (see note 2), bespoke ensuite to bedroom 3 is with walk in shower
Lower Ground floor; soundproof ceiling, office area, family/TV area, gym area, doors to boiler room, doors to large store room, very luxurious wet room shower, lift to ground floor, central heating
Garaging; Detached 4 car garage block, garden store
Gardens and grounds: Informal gardens and woodland extending of 4 acres approximately (see note 1). Doors lead from the lower ground floor out onto a very pretty secret garden with a Japanese style shallow pond and red bamboo
Note 1. Approximately 2 acres (0.89 ha) of woodland is owned by the property on a 99 year leasehold from Bucklebury Estates, with 91 years remaining. There is a peppercorn rent of £700 per annum. There are no footpaths across this land or the gardens which total approximately 4 acres (1.6 ha). There is a full right of access from the highway to the house granted by Bucklebury Estates.
Note 2. Bedroom 4 has plumbing and mains drainage connection and therefore if required, an ensuite shower room could easily be installed.
Local facilities and schools: Chapel Row, Bucklebury Common is one of the most sought-after locations in the area due to its rural, yet extremely convenient position. Local amenities include a village shop, church, primary school and pub with more comprehensive amenities being found further afield in Newbury and Reading. Pangbourne village is about 20 minutes` drive with its excellent selection of specialist shops. The area provides opportunities for scenic walks and country pursuits. There is good access to the M4 and A34, and mainline rail services to London are available at Thatcham and Pangbourne.
Access is good for nearby schools, including Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Elstree School, St Gabriel`s School for Girls, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Downe House and it is within the catchment for Kennet Secondary School.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, cross over the mini roundabout passing
The Elephant Hotel and proceed out of the village. Pass through the village of Tidmarsh, cross over the M4 and turn first right signposted to Bradfield & Bucklebury. Proceed along this road which runs through the heart of Bradfield College until you reach a sloping T-junction with a War Memorial on your left. Turn right. Pass the village hall of Bradfield, the co-operative shop and The Queen`s Head pub. Pass through Bradfield Southend, passing The Bladebone pub and Blackbird Café on the left. There are a number of houses now on the left, pass a sign on the right, Scotland Corner. Proceed along the road for approximately 0.4 mile. You will find a large lay-by on your left which has a restricted height entrance and just after this there is a by-way crossroads. There is a sign on the right which shows a by-way both sides of the road. Turn left immediately after the lay-by. (If you have gone too far you will have passed a crossroads sign on your left that is marked Bucklebury, Marlsden, and there is an old stunted tree). Proceed straight along the track to the very end and the entrance to the property will be on the left hand side. You will find an electric gate, press the buzzer for access.
Services: Mains water, electricity. Oil-fired central heating. Modern drainage system
Post Code: RG7 6QB
Local Authority: West Berkshire Council Tax Band: G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale. 2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them: 3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor. 4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn. FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56986423.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 296. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Dudley Singleton And Daughter, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.