4 bedroom detached house for saleTidmarsh Lane, Tidmarsh
Under Offer £1,060,000
- Victorian 4 bedroom house
- Far reaching views
- Good sized south-facing gardens
- Beautiful master bedroom suite
- Well proportioned reception rooms
- Spacious sitting room with large open fireplace
Walking distance to historic thatched 12c. village pub
Very close to renowned Englefield Primary School
2,674 sq ft / 248 m² Gardens & Grounds (south-facing) 0.32 acres / 0.13 hectares (all measurements are approximate)
A very pretty late Victorian 4 bedroom detached lodge with some later additions, set within an area of outstanding natural beauty overlooking unspoilt farmland.
Manor Lodge was one time the entrance lodge for Tidmarsh Court, a grand Victorian Manor, now converted into luxury apartments.
The property has undergone internal and external redecoration of recent times, and offers spacious family accommodation with high ceilings throughout. Manor Lodge is accessed from a peaceful lane onto a private driveway.
● The outstanding, very beautiful location, with wonderful far reaching views to the Chiltern hills from bedroom 1
● The large open fireplace with its Bessemer beam across in the drawing room
● Naturally polished oak plank flooring in the family room which also has a Jetmaster wood burning stove and door to a small study
● The large dining room with its slate ceramic flooring and French doors to rear terrace
● Spacious kitchen/breakfast room has an extensive range of high and low level beech units, granite work surfaces, fitted dishwasher, fitted modern Rangemaster with 5 ring induction hob, 2 fan ovens and grill with glass extractor over
● The kitchen/breakfast room has stable door which opens onto a large south facing terrace, and this room also has a wood burning stove in the open fireplace and ceramic tiled flooring
● Throughout the property the ceiling heights are high, typical of the Victorian period
● Sitting, kitchen/breakfast room and dining room all have doors leading directly onto the gardens
● Bedroom 1 is spacious, with up to the minute large shower room and whirlpool bath, it also has French doors leading onto a balcony
● The bathrooms are good quality and modern
● All windows take full advantage of the magnificent panoramic views over natural countryside into the far distance to the Chiltern Hills
● All the bedrooms have built in wardrobes
● There is an unusually large garage attached with timber up and over remote door and a door to a spacious storage room
● Very pretty landscaped gardens, with its unusually large and sunny south facing terrace for summer dining and entertaining
● There is parking for a number of cars at the front with separate access to the garage
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, dining room, drawing room, family room, small study, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom, 4 bedrooms; 3 of which are doubles, 3 bathrooms; 2 of which are ensuite, bedroom 2 has a dressing area and bedroom 1 has doors opening onto a balcony, oil fired central heating, attached large garage with internal door to store guest car parking for a number of cars
Gardens and grounds: The pretty south-facing gardens are landscaped with extensive well-maintained lawns, herbaceous borders, mature trees, a wonderful lavender bed surrounds the large south facing terrace, there is a smaller separate terrace area and high hedges give privacy from the private drive. Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.32 acres / 0.13 hectares.
Local facilities: Tidmarsh has a nice village pub; The Greyhound, and is situated very close to the neighbouring villages of Pangbourne and Theale. Nearby Englefield has a lovely village garden centre incorporating a village store and cafe, there is also a cricket team, a social club and church.
Nearby Pangbourne offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, a supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, banks, pubs and restaurants. The station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City).
Schools: Manor Lodge is within easy reach of a number of fine schools; The sought after Englefield Primary School, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Moulsford Preparatory School, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, The Oratory School, Downe House and Cranford House. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from either Theale or Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout, passing the front of The Elephant, out of Pangbourne on the Tidmarsh Road. On entering Tidmarsh, The Greyhound public house will be found on the left hand side. Turn right. Proceed along Tidmarsh Lane and after a left hand bend a gravelled entrance will be found on the left with a sign, Tidmarsh Manor, Tidmarsh Lodge, etc. Turn left and the property is immediately on the right side.
Services: Mains electricity, oil fired central heating, private estate water, septic tank drainage
Post Code: RG8 8HG
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 329. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Dudley Singleton And Daughter, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.