4 bedroom barn conversion for saleTidmarsh, Berkshire
Guide Price £1,050,000
- 4 double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Set in a peacful no through close
- Spacious open plan living accomodation
- Spectacular first floor with vaulted ceiling
- Luxurious bathrooms
- Wonderful oak joinery
- Walking distance to village pub & green
- Wonderful walks surround the village, with a pretty footpath directly over the road
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
3,228 sq ft / 300 sq m (all measurements are approximate)
A magnificent 4 bedroom attached barn, one of a pair, it combines beautifully the original nature of this historic building with modern day living and technology. A spacious and spectacular home that certainly has the WOW factor; it enjoys lots of natural light and is set in very private gardens with a sunny aspect.
This is a fine example of a late 17th century barn, converted from an agricultural building in 2004 and beautifully restored to exacting standards throughout.
North Barn is set within the heart of this sought after village and within the catchment area for the highly regarded and sought after Englefield primary school. Located well away from the main road, yet only a mile from the period village of Pangbourne situated on the banks of the River Thames, with its useful amenities and trains to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail).
● A spectacular conversion of a Grade II listed historic barn, built to exacting standards throughout
● Set in a peaceful no through close, away from the main road
● Magnificent vaulted ceiling to the first floor, with open plan living accommodation
● Impressive and spacious entrance hall
● Spectacular first floor with vaulted ceiling to the sitting area, dining area, large kitchen/ breakfast area and the games area
● All of the bedrooms are doubles
● Contemporary designed white kitchen units and granite worktops with high quality fittings and a granite island featuring a 6 seater breakfast bar
● Luxurious bathroom fittings to include a large ensuite wet room to bedroom 1 and a good sized ensuite shower room to bedroom 2, and a spacious family bathroom, with jacuzzi bath, all fitted sympathetically to the building and to a high specification
● Wonderful oak joinery to the vaulted ceiling in the main reception area
● Striking oak and glass staircase with hardwood flooring
● Beautiful hard wood flooring to the entrance hall, first floor and corridors
● Oak doors throughout
● Walking distance to village pub and village green
● Wonderful walks surround the village, and there is a pretty public footpath directly over the road
● Woodworm treatment is guaranteed for 20 years from 2004
Summary of accommodation:
Entrance hall, utility room, cloakroom/WC, 4 double bedrooms, 2 ensuite shower rooms, family bathroom. First floor open plan living space comprises of large kitchen/breakfast area, dining area, sitting area, games area. Double detached garage and off road parking for 3 cars.
Gardens and grounds: This small close of very pretty properties, accessed by a cobbled stone entrance has matured beautifully with a number of substantial shrubs and trees. The gardens and grounds, to the front, side and rear of the property, are privately owned by North Barn are also well established, enjoying a very pretty frontage with steps leading down to the front door and the magnificent glazed entrance.
Vegetable patch to one side, large lawned area to the rear and patio area with patio door directly from the hall. The gardens are very private, secluded and not overlooked on any boundary, and they enjoy a sunny aspect.
Note. Private lane maintenance charge circa £1,000 per annum.
Local facilities: Tidmarsh has a nice village pub; The Greyhound, and is situated very close to the neighbouring villages of Pangbourne and Theale. Nearby Englefield has a lovely village garden centre incorporating a village store and cafe, there is also a cricket team, a social club and church.
Nearby Pangbourne offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, a supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, banks, pubs and restaurants. The station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City).
Schools: North Barn is within easy reach of a number of fine schools; The sought after Englefield Primary School, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Moulsford Preparatory School, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, The Oratory School, Downe House and Cranford House. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from either Theale or Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left passing The Elephant hotel, proceed into Tidmarsh and opposite The Greyhound public house turn right into Tidmarsh Lane. A short distance along, before the bend, you will find the cobbled entrance to Tidmarsh Barns on your left hand side just after the village green.
Services: Mains water, electricity, underfloor electric heating to first floor, radiators to ground floor, sewage treatment plant shared with South Barn.
Post Code: RG8 8DA
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire. Tax Band G.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56986462.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 392. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Dudley Singleton And Daughter, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.