8 bedroom property for saleLondon Road, Shrewton, Salisbury
- Semi-detached property within walking distance of the village amenities and facilities.
- The property has recently been refurbished and provides high quality guest accommodation.
- Local tourist attraction of Stonehenge is just over 2 miles away
- Licensed bar with further business potential.
- Self-contained 1 bedroom studio apartment with its own entrance.
- The main property with lounge bar and 5 bedrooms, one en suite and two shower rooms.
- Adjoining annexe with 3 bedrooms and shower room.
- Outside parking in a gravelled car park for 5/6 vehicles.
- Side garden with development potential subject to gaining relevant planning consents.
The property is being run as a successful guest accommodation with high levels of business trade due to its location close to Larkhill MOD camp, Boscombe Down, Porton Down, Military Science Park and the MOD that use Salisbury Plain. The property has recently been refurbished and has been established since 2016 and room rates range from £49 to £99 per room.
The present owners are using Air BnB, Booking.com and TripAdvisor but at this stage do not have a website.
The bar area is licensed for the serving of alcohol under the Licensing Act 2003 from Monday to Sunday 12 noon to 11pm.
The estimated turnover for the business will be in the region of £80-90,000 per annum in the 2016/17 season.
There is potential for meeting room hire from the bar area if required or these could be converted into extra letting bedrooms if required.
The property has easy access to London via the A303 which makes the property ideal for weekend breaks for the leisure market.
George House is located in the centre of the picturesque village of Shrewton being within walking distance of the village facilities including the village store (Co-op), church, primary school, petrol filling station with garage, doctors surgery, playing fields with cricket and football club, social club and village hall. The Plume of Feathers public house is also nearby. Further amenities and facilities such as supermarket and secondary schooling can be found in Amesbury.
The city of Salisbury is just over 11½ miles to the south which offers further shopping facilities and schooling including Salisbury Cathedral School, hospital, theatre, pubic houses, cinema, leisure centre with indoor swimming pool complex and mainline railway station with services to London Waterloo.
Local tourist attractions in the area include Stonehenge (English Heritage), Wilton House, Old Sarum (English Heritage), Longleat House and Safari Park, Stourhead Gardens (National Trust), the cathedral city of Winchester and the New Forest. Further afield Glastonbury with its Tor, the south coast and the spa city of Bath with its Abbey, Roman Baths and Royal Crescent make ideal day trips.
The property is easily accessible from the A303 which is dual carriageway to the M3 which gives access to London and the Home Counties.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TAR160044. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Holiday Complexes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.