4 bedroom character property for saleLyngate Road, North Walsham
Sold STC £450,000
- Period cottage
- Refurbished throughout
- Four reception rooms
- Four bedrooms
- Garden of around .75 acre (STMS) with large pond.
- Double garage
This wonderful period cottage has been refurbished to an excellent standard and offers accommodation of nearly 2000 sq ft which includes four bedrooms, four reception rooms and a stylish Kitchen. A flexible layout allows part of this individual cottage to be used as a one bedroom annexe if required.
This wonderful period cottage has been renovated and refurbished to an excellent standard and now offers charming period accommodation with many exemplary features. The flexible layout allows part of the cottage to be used as a one bedroom annexe if required having a separate kitchen and shower room or the property can readily be lived in as a whole. Particular features include the super bespoke fitted kitchen, breakfast room and sitting room which share a chimney breast with double faced wood burner, quality sanitary ware and a wonderful setting just outside the bustling market town of North Walsham adjoining farmland and in mature gardens which feature a large pond and small orchard. Viewing is essential to appreciate the setting and quality of this most individual home.
With stable door in from the side aspect the bespoke kitchen comprises an extensive range of wooden painted base units with solid wood work surfaces over, and contemporary inset one and a half bowl sink unit with drainer. A matching solid wood peninsular bar provides further working space as well as a breakfast bar, and a tall larder cupboard provides excellent storage and space for an American style fridge/freezer. Space has also been left for a range style cooker with extractor hood over, and there is plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher (appliances can be included by negotiation). The kitchen further features windows to the rear aspect overlooking the garden and pond, exposed timbers and slate flooring with under floor heating. Steps lead up to the breakfast room.
With window to the side aspect. The focal point of this room is a central exposed chimney breast which features a double faced wood burning stove which is shared with the sitting room on a raised hearth with bressumer beam over. There is an exposed ceiling beam, and stylish natural stone flooring which continues through to the sitting room.
With a window to the front aspect as well as a door to the front, once again this room features an exposed brick chimney breast housing a double faced wood burning stove on a raised hearth with bressumer beam over, a recess has been fitted into the chimney breast which houses a television, and stairs lead up to the first floor. Once again there is an exposed ceiling beam, a door leads into an inner hallway, and there is an opening into the dining room.
With fitted storage cupboard, window to front aspect, and further door to inner hallway.
This inner hallway gives access to the ground floor bathroom as well as the third bedroom, and doors lead into an area of the cottage which could be readily used to provide an annexe.
With step down from the inner hallway, this room features a window to the rear aspect overlooking the garden and pond, and has a school house style radiator.
This stylish bathroom features a bath with telephone style mixer tap, a shower cubicle housing a Monsoon and hand held shower, WC and hand wash basin on chrome wash stand. There is a chrome towel rail/ radiator, shallow fitted storage cupboard, and travertine tiling to floor and walls.
With window to front aspect, exposed brick fireplace and chimney breast housing a cast-iron wood burning stove on raised pamment hearth, with bressumer beam over, exposed ceiling beams, doors lead to the bedroom and kitchen.
Triple aspect room with windows to the front and side aspects, French doors lead out to the rear aspect. This room features a half vaulted ceiling with exposed beams, exposed bricks to walls and pamment flooring.
Fitted with storage units to two walls, having wooden work surfaces over, and inset sink unit. There is plumbing for washing machine, and space for fridge and cooker. A window to the rear overlooks the garden, and there is a stable door leading out to the side aspect.
With shower in cubicle, WC and hand wash basin.
Spacious landing with access to eaves storage above the stairwell, window to the front aspect.
With windows to two aspects offering views, this room features a range of fitted wardrobes to one wall.
Once again having windows to both front and rear aspects offering views, there is exposed timber uprights, access to eaves storage and access to loft.
Once again this stylish bathroom is fitted with a bath having central telephone mixer tap, pedestal wash hand basin and WC, school house style radiator, tiling to floor and walls.
Brick Kiln Cottage stands on Lyngate Road behind a hedge, and is approached through a five-bar gate onto a wide gravelled parking area alongside the cottage, which gives access to the detached double garage which have twin double doors and window. The mature gardens which are a haven for wildlife extend to the rear of the house and beyond the garage and feature a large natural pond which is visited by ducks and moorhens, a number of specimen trees as well as a young orchard. These gardens adjoin farmland in this idyllic country setting.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57088750.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference ZK1101402. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Norwich - Select Homes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.