3 bedroom detached house for saleBarton, Warwickshire
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Under stairs office space
- Three bedrooms
- Double garage with storage space and potential
- Off road parking
- Wonderful cottage gardens
What makes this property unique?
• Letterbox Cottage is steeped in history with a story to tell at every turn, in every room. Some original solid wood doors, floors and wonderfully exposed beams create a warm and welcoming feel for anyone fortunate to live alongside such history
• The sitting room has a large inglenook fireplace with original bread oven still in place and is currently used as a quirky wine store
• Well designed kitchen with solid oak fronted cupboards and granite work tops. Stable door to garden
• Two of the three bedrooms have high vaulted ceilings and all three bedrooms have a wealth of exposed beams.
• The interesting dining room has a feature wall of blue lias stone stretching up the stairs to the first floor.
• The Cotswold stone driveway leads to large, free standing garage that doubles as a workshop and has power and water supply. The truly pretty cottage gardens have many interesting little areas that catch sunshine at different times of the day and create cosy spaces for early morning coffee, afternoon glass of wine or simply dining al fresco!
Barton is a small hamlet situated between Welford on Avon and Bidford on Avon with many attractive period properties. It is an ancient settlement first recorded in the 13th century. The Heart of England footpath passes through the village. There is real community feel within the village with The Cottage of Content Inn at its heart.
Day to day facilities can be found in the neighbouring village of Welford on Avon where there is an excellent primary school, three popular inns, village stores as well as a butcher, bowls and golf club and Bidford on Avon provides more extensive facilities with doctors, dentists, shops and restaurants.
The village enjoys good road communications with the towns of Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Alcester, Evesham, Chipping Campden and Banbury, as well as Birmingham City Centre - all easily accessible. Furthermore, there are main line train services to Birmingham and London from Stratford Railway Station, with faster services from Warwick Parkway and Moreton in Marsh stations.
Worthy of note is that Barton is one of very few Warwickshire villages with a marina, so if boating is your passion there are mooring opportunities just two minutes from your front door!
Directions - B50 4NP
From Stratford-upon-Avon town centre, proceed west on the B439 Evesham Road for about 3 ½ miles before turning left at the signpost for Welford on Avon. Continue through the village, turning right into Barton Road. Stay on the Barton Road for approximately 3 miles, as you enter the village of Barton, Letterbox Cottage can be seen facing you on the right hand side of the road just before the road bears left and next to the public house Cottage of Content.
Things you need to know.
• Mains electricity and water are connected. Private drainage. Oil fired central heating system.
• Council Tax Band E (Stratford on Avon District Council).
• All items of fixtures and fittings mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale, all others are specifically excluded.
• Accompanied viewings by appointment only.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57498920.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 00232. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Victoria Jeffs Estate Agents, Stratford-Upon-Avon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.