3 bedroom detached house for saleMill Lane, Flockton, Wakefield
- Sympathetically re-stored farmhouse
- Interesting and flexibly designed family home
- Three double bedroom accommodation plus possibility of further bedrooms downstairs
- Remote control gates to driveway
- Alarm System connected to monitoring station with CCTV surveillance
- Gardens, double garage. sauna and outdoor solar heated swimming pool
This delightful character property is situated within a truly idyllic setting, providing far reaching views or woodland outlook to all four aspects of the property.
Tucked away down a private lane benefiting from no passing traffic in a truly idyllic setting, this characterful farm house set in approx 0.5 acre of land is beautifully presented and sympathetically re-stored into a fine family residence. Known to be one of the oldest properties locally, the current owner has researched years of history from centuries previous.This stunning location offers far reaching views and woodland outlook to all four elevations, situated to the outskirts of this much admired village twixt Wakefield/Huddersfield close to amenities, bus route and less than 5 miles to Jcn 38/39 of M1 motorway.
The accommodation in full comprises:- Entrance hallway, downstairs cloaks/w.c., lounge, second reception room, study, spacious open plan kitchen/dining reception, utility room, conservatory, 2 staircases to access first floor landing, master bedroom with en-suite, 2 further double bedrooms with 'Jack n Jill' bathroom. The outside has remote control gated access to driveway, good sized grounds, double garage, sauna, outdoor swimming pool. An interesting feature of the property, the 2 staircases allow an opportunity for grown up children/elderly relatives to have their own studio lounge with staircase access to bedroom and bathroom.
Window to the front aspect. Door to study and door to downstairs cloakroom/w.c., radiator and laminate floor.
Window to the front of the property. Wash basin with pedestal, w.c., partially tiled walls.
Study 10' x 9' 11" ( 3.05m x 3.02m )
Window to the front aspect. Feature beams, laminate floor, radiator, door through to the lounge.
Lounge 14' 7" x 15' into alcove of chimney breast ( 4.45m x 4.57m into alcove of chimney breast )
The character of this room is enhanced by the traditional style Yorkshire Range cast iron fireplace with oven, stone hearth and built-in efficient flue control. Feature beams, French style doors to the dining kitchen, wood floor and double French doors to the conservatory.
South Facing Conservatory 18' x 9' ( 5.49m x 2.74m )
French style double doors to the Patio, Lounge and Dining room. Mosaic tile flooring.
Dining Kitchen 26' 8" Max x 24' 3" Max ( 8.13m Max x 7.39m Max )
A charming traditional style farmhouse kitchen complete with Aga operated by efficient Aims system, surrounded by a range of shaker style fitted units with granite work surface and bowl design twin sink, space and plumbing for dishwasher. Good sized breakfast bar built in stone and finished with granite and oak tops. Windows to side and rear that provide a fabulous outlook from this room. Door to utility room. The open plan formal dining area has a stone floor with under-floor heating, picture window to the front woodland aspect, French doors to conservatory and an open area with staircase to first floor galleried landing with two Velux roof windows and a ceiling fan..
Utility Room 10' 8" x 12' 5" ( 3.25m x 3.78m )
Window to the front aspect. Door to the side. Feature beams with peaked ceiling. Velux window to the roof. Range of fully fitted base and matching wall units, quartz worktop, white inset sink, ample space for storage and further white goods, space and plumbing for washing machine, radiator. Newly fitted Grant Vortex oil-fired central heating boiler.
Second Reception 17' 10" into alcove of chimney breast x 14' 9" ( 5.44m into alcove of chimney breast x 4.50m )
Two windows, one to the gable end and one to the rear of the property and door to the rear aspect. Door to entrance hall. Oak flooring. Feature ceiling beams, Inglenook style fireplace, brick inner, gas stove, two radiators, staircase to the first floor.
Bedroom 3 15' 2" x 9' 2" Max ( 4.62m x 2.79m Max )
Feature beams with peaked ceiling that enables an additional feature to this room of a 'loft area' used by older children as sleeping den or an ideal storage area (accessed by ladder). Four windows, splendid outlook from feature window to the gable end along with two additional smaller windows plus further window to the rear aspect. Laminate floor, ceiling fan, two radiators, door through to central lobby/landing.
Door to bedroom 2 and door to shower room. Velux roof window, Radiator.
Window to the front aspect. Three piece suite finished in white comprising of w.c., good size wash basin, good size shower cubicle with power shower, glass curved shower screen and side panel, radiator/towel rail finished in chrome, underfloor heating.
Bedroom 2 13' 7" x 14' 7" ( 4.14m x 4.45m )
Peaked ceiling with feature oak beams and ceiling fan. Window to the rear aspect. Radiator. Door through to the dressing area with cupboard storage. Door from the dressing area with cupboard storage. Door from the dressing walk-in area through to the landing.
Radiator and door through to bedroom one.
Bedroom 1 13' 11" x 14' 4" ( 4.24m x 4.37m )
An impressive principle bedroom with a splendid display of exposed beams and peaked ceiling and ceiling fans. Parqueted flooring.Two windows, one to the rear and a feature arched window to the side aspect gable end. Door through to the en-suite shower room. Solar panel for water heating.
En-Suite Shower Room
Window to the rear aspect. Four piece suite finished in white comprising of shower cubicle, high flush w.c., bidet, wash basin within vanity unit, radiator, partially tiled walls.
Sauna And Swimming Pool 18' x 9' ( 5.49m x 2.74m )
Solar heated with swim jet, filled by rainwater harvested from underground storage tank, Optional 12Kw 3-phase heater, plant room, Sauna with 4Kw 3-phase electric stove. Two large windows to the pool and fields.
Good sized grounds surrounded by dry stone wall East and West and stream in the North. Established range of flower beds, shrubs, trees, pond, patio area, sauna with an outdoor swimming pool. Klargester BioDisc Sewage treatment unit, halving the water rates. Double garage. All boundaries are well maintained. Driveway, block paved with Indian stone. Remote control gated access. The property has full alarm system connected to a monitoring station with CCTV cameras.
From Wakefield City Centre take the Denby Dale Road A636 and continue straight ahead passing across Jcn 39 of M1 motorway and straight ahead for a further two miles to the roundabout at West Bretton, take the third right hand turn towards Flockton, continue through the village passing the local store to the left hand side, further 200 yds on the left turn onto Pinfold Lane, straight ahead for 0.5 mile and straight on to the private driveway when the road turns sharply to the right uphill. The property is at the end of the lane, over the bridge.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57785678.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WAK114298. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Wakefield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.