6 bedroom detached house for salePeterborough Road, Castor, Peterborough
Sold STC £1,250,000
- Fantastic village location
- Beautiful period property retaining a wealth of character and original features
- Approximately 1.8 acres (sts) of formal and landscaped gardens
- Grade II Listed
The Village Manor is a beautifully presented detached period property retaining a wealth of character and original features, set on a large plot of approximately 1.8 acres (sts) of formal and landscaped gardens.
The Village Manor is a beautifully presented detached period property retaining a wealth of character and original features, set on a large plot of approximately 1.8 acres (sts) of formal and landscaped gardens. The property is situated in the heart of the sought after village of Castor and has been updated and well maintained to a high standard by the current owners.
The Village Manor briefly comprises, a reception hallway, formal sitting room, family room, study/office, dining room, open plan family kitchen, utility, six bedrooms, the master and guest bedroom having en suites and a family bathroom.
The property is entered via a charming and spacious reception hall which includes features such as a stone fireplace, wide oak floorboards and beams to the ceiling. The reception hallway also provides access to the spacious open plan kitchen/living area, which has been sympathetically updated by the current owners and is perfect for modern day family living. Leading off the kitchen is a side hallway and utility room/boot room plus the downstairs WC. The Village Manor offers flexible family living, with a stunning dining room offering beautiful views over the landscaped gardens. There is also an elegant formal sitting room, again with a wealth of character including beams to the ceiling, an inglenook fireplace with exposed stonework, flagstone hearth and inset Clearview wood burning stove. Situated off the sitting room is the home office, as well as the family room, both with views over the gardens. Six spacious bedrooms are situated on the first floor, with en suite facilities to both master and guest bedroom plus a family bathroom.
Outside, the property is accessed via electric gates leading to a gravel driveway which provides parking for several cars and access to the double garage. Beautiful landscaped gardens of approximately 1.8 acres (sts) surround The Village Manor, providing a sense of privacy and a wealth of space for outdoor living. There is also the added feature of a stone barn, which is currently used as a games room, but could be adapted to a further home office or annex (stpp).
The Village Manor is set in the heart of the popular village of Castor, within easy reach of excellent local amenities including a church, two public houses and a village shop. The Cathedral City of Peterborough is approximately 5 miles away, which provides a more comprehensive range of shopping facilities, together with the main line train services into London Kings Cross. The Georgian town of Stamford is 9 miles away and offers a further range of amenities, including the well-known George Hotel. Both private and state education is well catered for in the area, with the well renowned Castor CofE primary school a short walk away. Private schools are situated nearby in Oundle, Oakham, Stamford and Uppingham. Sporting and leisure facilities (sailing, biking, walking and fishing) are to be found at nearby Ferry Meadows and Rutland Water, with golf courses at Peterborough, Burghley Park and Greetham.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57972062.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HUC100879. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hurfords, Peterborough. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.