4 bedroom character property for saleDorsington, Warwickshire
- Reception/dining hall
- Large kitchen breakfast room
- Sitting room
- Cloakroom/Utility room
- Master bedroom with dressing room and en-suite shower room
- 2 further double bedrooms and one single bedroom (currently used as a study)
- Family bathroom
- Driveway and integral single garage and front terrace
- Large rear garden with summerhouse and two large sheds/workshops
* Dorsington provides a real sense of community for the local villagers, from the famous arboretum with its stunning woodland walks, perfect for dog owners, to the range of character properties and lovely scenery, it's arguably one of the prettiest villages in Warwickshire
* Aberfoyle is Grade II listed and was originally the blacksmiths forge and latterly the village post office, however an extension was added approximately 50 years ago and is of architectural interest which seamlessly blends with the older thatch element. This created additional, practical family space whilst not losing the sense of character from the older part
* The welcoming, family kitchen has a built in Rayburn, lots of storage including a pantry and plenty of space for a large dining table and good range of cupboards with granite worktops. This creates a real hub within the home for family and guests to gather
* The large sitting room with multi fuel burner set in attractive inglenook fireplace has oodles of charm with beams creating a cosy feel for winters evenings. There is a door to the terrace, plus a little snug set to one side - a perfect spot for reading the paper or a good book!
* Upstairs the master bedroom suite has a dressing area and modern en-suite with underfloor heating, as well as there being three further bedrooms in the newer part of the house, one of which is currently utilised as a study space
* The family bathroom benefits from a separate shower and bath, plus underfloor heating too
* What really allows you to enjoy the sense of village life are the gardens which are an absolute delight. The beautifully kept lawn, flower beds and terraces provide a range of spaces for outdoor entertaining and there is even a hidden terrace by the summer house for a spot of private dining if you want it!
* As if this wasn't enough there is also a garage (with power point for charging your electric car!) and private parking
Set in a conservation area on the edge of the Cotswold's, Dorsington offers rural countryside living positioned equally between Stratford-upon-Avon and Evesham, both 8 miles away. The desirable village of Dorsington boasts its own Victorian Church, village green and is part of The Heart of England Way, a fine area for walking.
Dorsington offers country living yet still close enough to major towns for larger shops, restaurants and healthcare facilities. For every day needs there are local amenities such as pubs, village shops, butchers and hair salons close by in Welford on Avon. Primary schooling can be found in both Welford on Avon and Pebworth, rail links to London run from Honeybourne which is 3 miles away.
Directions - CV37 8AX
Proceed out of Stratford-upon-Avon town along the Evesham Road for 3 miles then turn left at the signposts for Welford on Avon. Continue through the village, turning right onto Barton Road. Stay on Barton Road for approximately 1.5 miles, then take the left hand turn towards Dorsington. Follow this road for a couple of miles. Just before the church and the T Junction, Aberfoyle can be found on the right hand side, identified by our For Sale sign. Turn into the lane and park on the right. The property is on the left through the five bar gate.
Things you need to know.
* Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected, Oil fired central heating system. Council Tax Band G (Stratford on Avon District Council).
* All items of fixtures and fittings mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale, all others are specifically excluded.
* Accompanied viewings by appointment only.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57991265.html
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 00452. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Victoria Jeffs Estate Agents, Stratford-Upon-Avon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.