8 bedroom detached house for saleShepperton
Offers in Region of
- Gracious Queen Anne revival style home built in 1925
- Set in secluded 0.81 acres with 203' mainstream mooring
- 8 Double bedrooms
- Temperature controlled wine cellar & sumptuous bar
- Heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna & gym
- Family/cinema room with projector & surround sound systems
- Tennis court & boat house
- Staff flat
- Multi car garage & extensive parking
- Secure & private position on picturesque Halliford Bend of River Thames
This gracious home retains the grandeur of a bygone era with its Queen Anne style façade relieved by Dutch gables, dressed stone quoin work, magnificent bay windows and a portico entrance. The generously proportioned accommodation extends to 9000 sq ft set over 3 floors comprising eight double bedrooms, six being suites with beautiful views over the river, grounds and surrounding countryside. The elegant reception hall with its sweeping staircase sets the scene for what is truly a magnificent home. The accommodation has been extensively and tastefully renovated with all the ground floor reception rooms opening onto the south westerly facing riverside terrace. The delightful double aspect drawing room is flooded with natural light that reflects off the tiled floor, giving the room a wonderful air of tranquillity and a central fireplace provides a focal point. The dining room and morning room are finished to the same high standard and retain their fireplaces. Leading off the reception hall is a glass fronted temperature controlled wine cellar and opposite a sumptuous bar, perfect for entertaining. The kitchen/breakfast room is set on the eastern side, overlooking the gardens and tennis court. This leads into a separate chefs kitchen, utility and boiler/plant room. The fabulous leisure complex was added in 2002, sympathetically built in keeping with the existing architecture to provide an luxurious heated swimming pool with separate Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and gym.
The turning stone staircase rises to a spacious first floor that leads to 4 bedroom suites and a conservatory, which is a lovely relaxing room and enjoys fine views over the river and surrounding countryside.
Continue up to the second floor where there are four further bedrooms, bath and shower rooms, study and a family/cinema room with projector and surround sound systems. Council Tax: Band H
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58236719.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 360068. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Curchods Estate Agents, Shepperton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.