6 bedroom detached house for saleMoorfield, Canterbury, CT2
- Highly desirable/convenient location with off-road parking and a short walk to the high speed train.
- Ideally situated for the historic city centre & cathedral, excellent local schools and all amenities
- Capacious, well-maintained and upgraded detached home with flexible configuration over two floors.
- Extensive south-facing garden area with considerable scope for imaginative further development.
- Up to 6 double bedrooms but could absorb further remodelling due its generous footprint.
- Master bedroom easily divisible to create a 7th double bedroom.
- Stylish contemporary kitchen/breakfast room conversion with Neff built-in appliances.
- Two full bathrooms plus a generous en-suite shower room to the master bedroom.
- Oak engineered wooden flooring throughout the ground floor (excl. kitchen & bathroom)
- Free solar panels X 16 - reduced electricity bills with no ongoing maintenance costs.
Tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac location, yet within a short walking distance of the HSR to London, the city centre and several local schools, this unusually capacious and flexible detached home has been refurbished and upgraded throughout to a high standard. Benefitting from off-road parking for several vehicles, it was originally converted from a 2-(double) bedroomed bungalow into a detached house, providing an additional 4 double bedrooms on the first floor. The existing two-floor layout is therefore able to incorporate up to 6 double bedrooms or could be utilised, similarly to the existing owners, with more reception rooms, there being a number of possible options. The versatility of this house has to be seen to be fully appreciated. The differing land levels of the plot also offer an imaginative opportunity to extend the property still further in this desirable location, with little disruption to the existing living space. The large entrance hall was the original sitting room of the bungalow and could still perform this function, if required. Alternatively, it could easily be combined with the adjoining room, currently used as a formal dining room, the two being divided by partially glazed double doors. The flexibility of the accommodation is further facilitated by two full bathrooms, one on each floor, and an additional en-suite shower room to the master bedroom. The dimensions of the large double bedrooms compare favourably to those in newer homes; the master bedroom is itself of such generous proportions it could be divided into two to create a 7th double bedroom with minimal work, having 2 x existing windows already, one at each end. The first floor could absorb further remodelling to create additional bedrooms, should this be required. There is also a large loft, accessible from the landing.
The extensive ground floor works have included upgraded UPVC windows and doors, oak engineered wooden flooring, a co-ordinating bespoke staircase, two upgraded fireplaces (one fixed/ornamental and one electric/ornamental), a large contemporary kitchen/breakfast room conversion with ample storage, various built-in Neff appliances, an upgraded gas-fired Worcester Bosch boiler and a large Megaflo water tank.
Two of the ground floor rooms have patio doors to the rear, opening onto an extended raised decking balcony, ideal for outdoor dining, seasonal views of the city and Canterbury Cathedral, as well as looking out over the substantial south-facing garden. To the front there is an extended storm porch with security lighting, with flower beds to the side. The installation of 16 x free solar panels is an additional benefit, resulting in reduced electricity bills, with no homeowner responsibility for ongoing maintenance.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58339253.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference jbr-yaa. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Emoov, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.