4 bedroom detached house for saleAshampstead, Berkshire
- Highly sought after village
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Private mature gardens
- Large kitchen and Amdega conservatory
- Double detached garage
- Office/ games room over garage
- Superb order throughout
- 0118 9842662
Within the catchment area for Downs school. Valuably unlisted. Splendid views. No onward chain.
Only a 10 minute drive to the villages of Theale and Pangbourne, with mainline train stations that provide direct services to London Paddington ● Reading 11 miles ● Newbury 9 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 6 miles (all distances approximate)
2,384 sq ft / 222 m² Gardens 0.26 acre / 0.1 hectare (all measurements are approximate)
An elegant character 4 bedroom country house with origins in the 18th century, situated in a sleepy rural position, within one of the most sought after villages in this part of the world. It is unlikely you would find Ashampstead village by chance so traffic is minimal and the lane which gives access to the property is peaceful.
The accommodation is light and spacious and has been the subject of considerable expenditure by the present owners of recent times. The gardens are mainly laid to lawn with mature trees and shrubberies.
The surrounding countryside is noted for its unspoilt natural beauty and yet the property is with easy driving distance of the M4, Pangbourne train station, Pangbourne village with its excellent shops and also just the other side of Ashampstead village is Casey Fields farm shop and Vicars Game which is renowned for its game, meat, pies, greengrocers, delicatessen, fish counter and coffee shop.
● Much of the original period character has been retained to include exposed beams, fine Inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, the original polished clay brick flooring to the dining room
● Original oak and elm staircase to the first floor with original 18th century oak planked landing
● Spectacular kitchen/breakfast room with walk through access to the living area and conservatory with polished quarry tiled flooring and high beamed ceiling
● Kitchen has plenty of cupboards and drawers with wide polished granite working surfaces, ceramic butlers sink, mixer taps, low level china cupboard with glazed panelled doors, oil fired double oven AGA, fitted dishwasher
● Central island breakfast bar
● Pantry has a fitted freezer and washing machine
● Sitting room with open fireplace fitted with Jetmaster wood burning grate
● 10 year old Amdega conservatory
● Light and spacious first floor with good bedroom accommodation
● Refitted modern bathrooms
● Vaulted ceiling to bedroom 1
● Splendid rural views
● Gardens front and both sides with the introduction of a raised decked summer dining area with power and light
● Double garage with first floor office/playroom above
Summary of accommodation: Large dining hall, sitting room, snug, kitchen/breakfast room, conservatory, pantry, cloakroom, 4 bedrooms, 1 presently used as a study, 2 bathrooms, double detached garage with office/playroom above, off road parking for several cars.
Gardens and grounds: The gardens are mainly laid to lawn with mature trees and shrubberies. Herbaceous borders and hedges give privacy and seclusion to the boundaries. Gardens front and both sides with and there is a raised decked summer dining area with power and light. Gardens extending to 0.26 acre / 0.1 hectare.
Local facilities: The pretty village of Ashampstead is set on high ground surrounded by countryside noted to be of outstanding rural beauty. The village farm shop provides provisions villagers would need and is within easy walking distance of the property, which has a first class butcher, fishmonger, green grocer, delicatessen and a coffee shop. Local pubs include the The Bell at Aldworth and the country hotel/restaurant The Royal Oak at Yattendon, along with The White Hart in Hampstead Norreys.
The village hall is the centre of an excellent community life with all sorts of monthly events; Christmas bazaar, Christmas party, monthly pub night, theatre club, food fairs, bonfire night, barn dance, concerts and the village fete on the village green. Shepherds Fennel is also within easy walking distance of the village church.
Situated just 30 minutes from Newbury, 40 minutes from Reading, 15 minutes from M4 Junction 12 at Theale and approximately 10 minutes from Pangbourne. Pangbourne offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, a supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, and restaurants. The train station offers fast links to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading.
Bradfield College is only a short distance away and has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is currently open to public membership.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities within the area offering both public and private, primary and secondary education to include; Compton Church of England Primary School, Yattendon Church of England Primary School, The Downs School catchment area, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Moulsford Boys School, Cranford House, Downe House and The Oratory.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, pass over the mini roundabout, turn first right at St James the Less Church into Pangbourne Hill signposted to Yattendon. Continue to the top of the hill, do not bear right to Upper Basildon, but continue until you reach a T-junction with woodland in front of you. Turn right and then immediately right again signposted to Ashampstead. After approximately 2 miles a signpost will be seen on the left directing to Ashampstead village, this is on a right hand bend. Turn left. Proceed up the hill and into the village. There will be a turning to Stubbles on the left and the driveway to Shepherds Fennel can be found shortly afterwards on the right.
Services: Mains electric, water and drainage and oil fired central heating.
Post Code: RG8 8RH
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58561498.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 450. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Dudley Singleton And Daughter, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.