6 bedroom semi-detached house for saleCleasby, Nr Darlington
- A Substantial Grade II Listed Six Bedroom Residence Dating Back to the Late 18th Century
- An Impressive Georgian Style Home Part Brick, Part Rendered & Prominently Positioned within the Small Village of Cleasby
- Affording Excellent Access to the A66 & A1 Road & Rail Network & Around Two Miles from Darlington
- Retaining Immense Character with Sash Windows, Deep Skirting's, Cornicing & Brass Door Furniture
- Extensive Established Gardens with the Rear Being Mainly Walled with Delightful Lawns, Trees & Shrubs & Enjoying a Southerly Aspect
- Rear Courtyard with Outbuildings, Secure Parking for Five Cars & Tandem Garage
- Four Reception Rooms together with Kitchen, Utility Room, Cloakroom/WC & Large Cellar/Games Room
- Six Bedroom, Three Bathrooms, Dressing Room & Cellar/Games Room
- Oil Fired Central Heating System
Full descriptionCleasby House is an impressive Grade II Listed period residence with a part brick, part rendered 27 metre frontage, dating back to the late 18th Century. This distinctive six bedroom Georgian style residence is mentioned in some detail in Jane Hatcher's 'Richmondshire Architecture' and enjoys a prominent position within the small village of Cleasby which is approximately three miles from Darlington. This property affords excellent commuting access via the A66 and A1 roads and rail network and is well placed for riverside and lakeside walks and for those interested in country pursuits.
The property retains immense character and charm with attractive period style features including sash windows (some with shutters), deep skirting's and moulded architraves, panelled doors with brass door furniture and attractive cornicing. Internally the accommodation is warmed by an oil fired central heating system and briefly includes entrance hallway, four reception rooms, kitchen/diner, utility room, cloakroom/wc, cellar and two staircases leading to the first floor which provides six bedrooms, three bathrooms, a dressing room and cellar/games room.
A particular feature of the property is the extensive and beautifully presented gardens. The rear is significantly walled providing a high degree of privacy together with a very pleasant southerly aspect. The gardens are attractively presented with lawns, established shrubs, trees, herbaceous border, heathers and pond, together with full width sandstone terrace. There is vehicle access through an arched entrance to the large courtyard with outbuildings, providing secure parking for five cars as well as a tandem garage.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59308241.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference MOB140047. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael Poole, Yarm. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.