4 bedroom barn for saleHolt Road, Field Dalling, Norfolk
Sold STC £849,950
An outstanding 4 bedroom contemporary barn conversion fully redeveloped to an exceptionally high standard with large west facing landscaped garden and open countryside views. Close to Holt and 3 miles from the north Norfolk coast.
- High specification kitchen with integrated Siemens appliances
- Natural stone tiling, Lutron lighting and Honeywell Evohome heating controls
- Underfloor heating and engineered oak wood flooring
- Exposed trusses and purlins with dramatic high pitched ceilings
- Large open plan kitchen/dining/sitting room
- Master bedroom with en suite bathroom
- 3 further double bedrooms (one en suite)
- Family bathroom
- Utility room and separate airing cupboard
- 10 year Allianz backed warranty
- Energy Performance Assessment - C
- West facing garden with large garden store
- Further secure courtyard storage
- Private parking for 3 cars
- In all about 0.2 acres (stms)
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Holt 5 miles
- The coast 3 miles
- Fakenham 10 miles
- Norwich 27 miles (London Liverpool St 1hr 50min)
- Kings Lynn 31 miles (London King Cross 1hr 45min
Field Dalling is a traditional North Norfolk village with a strong local community. Dalling Barn lies within the Conservation Area in this peaceful and historic location that sits just over 3 miles south of the north Norfolk coast, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The scheme benefits from fine views across unspoilt open countryside towards the villages of Binham, Langham
and Saxlingham. The nearby Georgian market town of Holt is renowned for its attractive street frontages and for its wide and eclectic range of independent shops.
As well as Bakers and Larners a privately owned department store - there are boutiques, restaurants and cafes, doctors surgery, dentists, banks and a post office. Holt is also home to Greshams pre-prep, prep and senior schools, founded in 1555.
There are a wide variety of nearby leisure pursuits available such as sailing, bird and seal watching, golf and walking along the Norfolk coastal path.
Saltmarshes, long sandy beaches at low tides, creeks and the quintessential north Norfolk wide, open skies make this a lovely place to live.
Dating from the mid to late 18th Century, Dalling Barn has been subject to 18 months of major works. The traditional brick and flint exterior has been restored and cedar cladding to the courtyard side of the building sets the scene for the seamless modern interior.
The finishes include state of the art fittings, exposed beams, pale oak engineered flooring and doors, combined with wrap around off white paint. Glimpses of the original brick and flint walls and even an original barn door seamlessly blend the old with the new.
The entrance hall is filled with natural light with views of the garden, bifold doors onto the south and west facing terrace, separate cloakroom and storage cupboard.
Leading on from the hallway is the large open plan reception room with a modern and stylish fully fitted kitchen at one end, dining area and generous seating area with wood burner. Exposed beams, pale engineered oak flooring and windows and bifold doors leading out to both the east and west terraces making the most of all available views and light for everyday living and entertaining.
Master bedroom with large storage cupboards, door to the terrace and en suite bath/shower room. All of the bathrooms have contemporary fittings and natural stone tiles. There is a guest bedroom with en suite shower room, 2 further double bedrooms (one with bifold doors onto a small east facing terrace) and a family bath/shower room. The property also benefits from a large utility room with ample fitted cupboard, space for washing machine and tumble dryer, and walk in airing cupboard/drying room.
Dalling Barn is approached over a shingle courtyard leading to three hard surfaced parking bays. There are two east facing terraces edged with large galvanised planters, accessed directly from the sitting room and fourth bedroom.
The west facing garden is a wonderful feature and has been landscaped to create a level lawn leading to raised banked areas covered with wild flower mix
The substantial terrace is surfaced with large pale sandstone slabs. Solid flint filled gabions topped with green oak provide structure and seating. A substantial store building with horizontal timber boarding, brick plinth and reclaimed pantile roof offers plenty of storage.
Directions NR25 7AS
Leave Holt on the A148 towards Fakenham, drive through the village of Letheringsett. After 500m take the right hand turn sign posted By Road. Continue for approximately 3 miles through the village of
Saxlingham. Proceed into Field Dalling, passing the village hall on the left and Dalling Barn is 250m on the right hand side, just after the large detached Blue Tile Farm House. The entrance is within the courtyard.
North Norfolk District Council Band: Band F, £2,260.47 for 2016/7
Mains water, electricity and phone line are all connected.
Oil fired underfloor heating with a backup immersion hot water heater. Foul waste and water is handled by a Falcon 6 treatment plant and drainage field, with soakaways for surface water.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
For more information please contact the joint sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff and Cockertons
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BUM160070. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Burnham Market. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.