4 bedroom character property for saleWelham, Retford
- GUIDE PRICE £425,000 - £460,000 (for 6 weeks only)
- SUPERB Four bedroom barn conversion
- Versatile and extensive internal accommodation
- PRIVATELY ENCLOSED Beautifully presented walled gardens with many outbuildings
- FULL OF CHARACTER with many original features
- New ensuite to master bedroom and upgraded kitchen in 2013
GUIDE PRICE £425,000 - £460,000 FOR 6 WEEKS ONLY! Proceedable offers. Versatile barn conversion in the heart of the Nottinghamshire countryside. SUPURB SCHOOLS, IDEAL FOR COMMUTERS.
Positioned approx 2 miles from the Georgian market town of Retford where amenities include shops, boutiques restaurants and pubs. There is also a market three days a week and a monthly farmers market. For those who enjoy walking, there is an award winning park, Kings park positioned off the town centre aswell as lovely routes along the Chesterfield canal and the River Idle. There is also a an intercity train link to London in 1hr 25 minutes as well as many other major cities. The only A1 is accessed within 6.7 miles and for those travelling further afield, Robin Hood international airport is just 15 miles away.
Rear Entrance Lobby
Terracotta tiled floor, PVCu double glazed window and a door to the dining room.
A covered entrance porch with a utility cupboard with space for a washing machine and dryer.
Living Kitchen 22' 7" x 11' 2" extending to 17' 4" ( 6.88m x 3.40m extending to 5.28m )
Excellent range of ivory shaker wall and base units with granite finish worksurfaces updated 2013 and a 1 1/2 sink and drainer. Space for a Rangemaster range cooker with an extractor above, integrated dishwasher and space for a fridge freezer. Beamed ceiling, pillars to the living area, tiled floor, central heating radiator, splashback tiling and two PVCu double glazed windows.
Dining Room 17' 4" x 16' 1" ( 5.28m x 4.90m )
An inviting room with a galleried landing above and a full height vaulted ceiling with a beam across. Two central heating radiators, solid wood flooring, duel fuel stove set onto a stone hearth and double aspect PVCu double glazed windows, one overlooking the walled gardens to the rear and close to the main patio area.
Main Sitting Room 18' 4" x 15' 6" ( 5.59m x 4.72m )
The main focal point of this room is an inglenook fireplace with open fire. Feature brick flooring, two PVCu double glazed windows and double glazed French doors leading to the rear garden.
WC and wash hand basin and a PVCu double glazed window.
A turning staircase from the 2nd sitting room leads to a galleried landing with gnarled spindles and banister, three PVC double glazed windows, beamed detailing to the walls and ceiling and commanding views over the sitting room below.
Master Bedroom 12' 4" extending to 18' 1" x 20' max ( 3.76m extending to 5.51m x 6.10m max )
Feature dovecote to one wall, complementary flooring, three PVCu double glazed windows, exposed beams to the ceiling, loft access and built in wardrobes.
Ensuite 12' 2" x 5' 7" ( 3.71m x 1.70m )
Replaced 2013 modern three piece white suite with double ended bathtub and corner shower cubicle with drench head shower. Modern ceramic tiled floor and splashbacks with chrome towel rail
PVCu double glazed window, exposed beams and loft access.
Bedroom 2 10' 10" x 16' 8" ( 3.30m x 5.08m )
PVCu double glazed window, central heating radiator and exposed beams and wall detailing.
Bedroom 3 12' 4" x 12' 1" ( 3.76m x 3.68m )
PVCu double glazed window, complementary flooring, central heating radiator and neutral decor.
Bedroom 4 12' 4" x 11' 4" ( 3.76m x 3.45m )
Decor in neutral tones, exposed beams to the ceiling, flooring to complement, central heating radiator and and two PVCu double glazed window.
Three piece suite to include a P shaped bathtub with a shower above, wash hand basin with beech unit below, wc and a PVCu double glazed window.
Store Room 1 11' x 7' 6" ( 3.35m x 2.29m )
Situated as part of the main house underneath bedroom two. With a double glazed window, power and light.
Store 2 16' 7" x 7' 7" ( 5.05m x 2.31m )
Attached to store room 1 with power and light.
Boiler Room 11' x 7' 7" ( 3.35m x 2.31m )
Off store room 2 with a PVCu double glazed window and a wall mounted boiler.
A driveway to the side leads towards the garage and further parking for several vehicles.
Generous sized with two electric up and over doors, power and light. External stone steps lead to ..
Hayloft 26' 1" x 17' 10" ( 7.95m x 5.44m )
With roof beams, two electric wall heaters, two PVCu double glazed windows and a woodburning stove.
Barbeque Area 21' 1" x 11' 8" ( 6.43m x 3.56m )
Accessed via traditional brick arches, with light and power and being positioned off one of the many terraces, a useful shelter for British summer showers!!!
Outbuilding 13' 5" x 10' 5" ( 4.09m x 3.18m )
Attached to the bbq area, used for storage with power and light.
Outbuilding 12' x 10' 7" ( 3.66m x 3.23m )
Power, light and a stable door.
Beautiful mature walled gardens mainly laid to lawn but with stunning array of plants and shrubs including palms and spring flowers and trees including Silver Birch. multiple terraces to include a large cobbled terrace to the rear of the property and a raised terrace to the corner of the garden. The pillars remain for "The old chicken store" which has a coal store off. The garden combined with the versatile outbuildings is perfect for entertaining all year round.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59513906.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference RFD104284. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Retford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.