12 bedroom detached house for saleMullardoch House, Glen Cannich, Beauly, IV4
- 3 Reception Rooms and 12 Bedrooms.
- Sensitively modernised and retaining many original features.
- Woodshed, new garage, 2 game larders, boiler room and stores.
- Easily managed grounds.
- Stunning views over Loch Sealbhanach and to the mountains of Glen Affric.
- An exceptional property with income potential.
- In an area of superb hill walking and world class, traditional rural sports.
Mullardoch House is set in a dramatic and unspoilt landscape of outstanding beauty in Glen Cannich. The house, which was built in 1912 as a private hunting lodge by the Chisholm of Chisholm, lies just above Loch Sealbhanach with stunning views across the loch to the surrounding mountains. The road through the glen follows the River Cannich and climbs out of the village through native woodland until the scenery opens out to reveal the river floodplains, beyond which rise heather hills and high mountain ridges. Lying between the National Nature Reserves of Glen Affric and Glen Strathfarrar, Glen Cannich is a sparsely populated, less visited area and offers that unique sense of solitude and remoteness.
In its early days the lodge played host to many important figures in society including, its claimed, the last Tsar of Russia, who would visit to enjoy the world class stalking, shooting and fishing available locally. Today the lodge is still an ideal base for such traditional rural sports while, in addition, the area offers superb hill walking, challenging Munros and sightings of rare native wildlife such as golden eagles, osprey and ptarmigan and plentiful red deer.
The current owners, who purchased the lodge in 2005, have fully renovated the house and grounds and this work includes re-roofing, replacement windows, the installation of a new boiler, complete redecoration and landscaping of the grounds. The work has been sensitively carried out to preserve the character and features of the original house, while bringing it up to modern day standard as a lodge to be used for both small, intimate gatherings and large house parties with the potential to be run on a commercial basis.
EPC Rating = E
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59562944.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference INV140007. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Inverness. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.