2 bedroom apartment for saleFrenchgate, Richmond
- GRAND RECEPTION HALL
- MAIN LIVING AREA
- SITTING ROOM
- 2 BEDROOMS
- EN SUITE
- SHOWER ROOM
SUPERB 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT & A TRUE part of Richmond’s history (see below*). A 19th Century Grade II Listed Georgian Residence sympathetically converted creating this superb 1st floor 2 Bedroom Apartment with a grand Entrance, literally a stone’s throw from the town’s central cobbled Market Place with lovely views towards & over the River Swale.
SUPERB FINISH QUALITY - Amazing 8.44m/27'8" Main Living Kitchen & Sitting Room; 2 Bedrooms, En Suite & Shower Rooms. 6.67m/21'10" Grand Entrance (shared with just 2 other properties) & Gas central heating. PC Sums for Kitchen fittings & appliances, Shower Room suites & tiles etc. - subject to build stage.
Close by are Stunning Walks, the River Swale (Great walks & Fly Fishing), the Market Place & The Station Leisure Facility (a Food, Film & Art Venue), the Liberty Health Club & the town's Swimming Pool. The A1, A66 & Scotch Corner 4.5 miles, Harrogate 38, York & Newcastle 48, Leeds 57 & Mainline rail stations at Darlington & Northallerton 14 & 16 miles approximately.
*NB: Swale House was the former residence of JAMES TATE, a widely respected classical scholar & headmaster of Richmond School. Between 1812 & 1833, an average of 6 pupils a year proceeded to university with 21 of these becoming fellows, 13 of them at Trinity College, Cambridge. They became so successful & admired at Cambridge that they earned the sobriquet “TATE’S INVINCIBLES”. Former pupils & boarders include Herbert Knowles, Prime Minister Earl Grey’s son & Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, better known by his pen name, LEWIS CARROLL.
Porch - 2.19 x 1.84 (7'2" x 6'0") -
Grand Reception Hall - 6.67 x 4.08 max (21'10" x 13'4" max) - A grand Oak panelled entrance shared with just 2 other apartments. Staircase to:
Hall - An open area with built-in Coats Cupboard.
Main Living Area - 8.44 x 5.85 max (27'8" x 19'2" max) - A superb light, open room comprising:
Kitchen - 5.85 max x 2.75 min (19'2" max x 9'0" min) - PC Sum for wall & floor units, appliances etc. 2 recessed Georgian windows to front.
Sitting Room - 4.13 x 3.72 (13'6" x 12'2") - Recessed Georgian window with seat & great views.
Bedroom 1. - 3.89m x 2.90m min (12'9" x 9'6" min) - Plus Wardrobe Cupboard (1.34m x 0.92m/4'4" x 3'0") & recessed Georgian window to rear with great views.
En Suite - 2.44m x (1.58m max) 0.92 (8'0" x (5'2" max) 3'0") - Plus built-in deep wardrobe. PC Sum for suite & tiles.
Bedroom 2. - 4.03 into robes x 2.37 max (13'2" into robes x 7'9 - Including built-in Wardrobes. Recessed Georgian window to front.
Shower Room - 1.95 max (1.45) x 1.79 (6'4" max (4'9") x 5'10") - PC Sum for suite & tiles.
Parking - There will be an allocated PARKING SPACE over the road - first year paid, thereafter approx. £40.00 per month.
Notes - 1) LEASEHOLD: 999 years (Ground Rent & Service Charges to be confirmed).
2) Council Tax Band: Yet to be assessed by Richmondshire District Council.
3) Measurements scaled from architects plans.
4) The details outlined are a general indication of the proposed specification. The developer reserves the right to alter any part of the development specification at any time. Where brands are specified, the developer reserves the right to replace the brand with another of equal quality or better.
5) IMAGES ETC: Computer Generated Images (CGis), Photographs & Artists Impressions are not intended to give an accurate depiction of any specific apartment & are for illustrative purposes.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26291946. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Alderson Estate Agents, Richmond. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.