5 bedroom detached house for saleQuarr, Gillingham, Dorset
- Sitting room, Dining/Hall, Snug, Kitchen/Breakfast room, Utility room (annexe kitchen), Boiler room with plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, Cloakroom
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room, 3 Further bedrooms, Family bathroom, Optional integrated annexe with double bedroom and en-suite bathroom (alternatively fifth double bedroom)
- Double garage with mower store, Garden store, Workshop, Potting shed, Garden room/party barn with shower room and kitchenette
- Separate studio/office with WC and kitchenette
- Established garden and kitchen garden, Paddock
Quarr House offers sensibly configured accommodation over two floors, with light and bright rooms. The layout lends itself either as a generous family house with five bedrooms, or a four bedroom house with an integrated annexe. The sitting room is flooded with natural light thanks to its triple aspect, and has French windows giving access the terrace and gardens. The kitchen has the same, and is generously
sized for a family, and has an Aga in addition to electric cooking facilities. An attribute worthy of special mention is the stone flagged floor in the dining hall. The entire house has been fully redecorated in recent weeks.
Quarr House is in the hamlet of Quarr close to
the popular village of Cucklington. The nearby
towns of Gillingham (3.5 miles) and Wincanton
(4.5 miles) both have a wide range of shops and amenities. The cathedral city of Salisbury and the historic Georgian city of Bath are both within about 30 miles. Communications are excellent with the A303 trunk road, providing access to the M3 and London being about two miles to the north. Mainline railway stations are at Gillingham 3.5 miles (London Waterloo 1 hour 58 minutes), Templecombe, 5 miles, (London Waterloo 2 hours 6 minutes) and Castle Cary, 12 miles, (London Paddington 1 hour 40 minutes). The area offers a number of well known state and independent schools including Kings Bruton, Hazelgrove, Bruton School for Girls, Port Regis, St Mary's Shaftesbury,
Sherborne, Millfield, Downside, Clayesmore,
Hanford, Bryanston and Milton Abbey.
The house is accessed from a village lane and the driveway is laid to gravel, with ample space to park six or more vehicles if necessary. The double garage with independent electric doors faces the front gate, and is conveniently near the back door to the house. The garage integrates into the garden room/party barn - the same building houses the various store rooms/shed etc. A separate office/studio building with WC and kitchenette (a potential detached annexe) lies on the other side of the drive, and again within easy reach of the house.
The gardens are principally laid to lawn with a
well stocked flower beds and shrub borders. A partially walled area outside the sitting room and kitchen French windows also has a terrace, ideal for the BBQ, which is partially covered by a veranda. The kitchen garden has an excellent greenhouse, and a series of substantial raised beds, and is enclosed by fencing and a beech hedge adjacent to a small orchard.
The paddock is at present not fenced from the lawn, but easily could be, and offers grazing for those with horses or livestock. Stabling could be erected, subject to the necessary consents.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59696414.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SAL150274. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Salisbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.