Property for saleSwingletrees - Lot 3, Hale, Milnthorpe, Cumbria
- Superb "idyllic" location just south of Hale village, under 10 minutes' drive to junction 35 M6.
- Lovely easterly aspect across the lane towards Lot 2 which has extensive views across farmland.
- Wonderful opportunity for those wanting a "lifestyle" or a delightful country home.
- Ideal for commuting to Carnforth, Lancaster, Preston, Manchester and Kendal.
- Believed to originate from the mid Eighteenth Century, built with stone and slate. Not Listed.
- Potential to alter and extend the house to suit individual requirements, possibly by extending to the rear with a larger kitchen or sun lounge.
- Lot 1 comprises the house; three reception, three bedrooms, comprehensive range of outbuildings with scope for alternative uses, stable blocks and paddock.
- Lot 2 is a block of pasture and woodland of immense amenity value.
- Lot 3 is a sound enclosure of meadow and pasture at nearby Hale Head with good access from the A6.
- Special attraction for those interested in equestrian pursuits is the ease of access to bridleways and country lanes.
Lot 3 - Meadow land about 3.89 ac.
From the north, travelling along the A6 from Milnthorpe via Beetham, turn right at the crossroads just beyond the public house and the garage which is on the right. This is the lane into the village. Continue through the village in a southerly direction, and just after Fell End Farm, which is on the left, Swingletrees is the second property on the right.
Alternatively, from a southerly direction along the A6, passing the filling station on the left, at the end of the straight, turn left, just beyond the wildlife centre. Continue along the lane and take the first right which is the road leading to Swingletrees which is on the left.
The precise location and extent of the three Lots are shown edged red, blue and green respectively on the sale plan herewith.
Hale village is about 2 miles south of Milnthorpe, just beyond Beetham.
Swingletrees is on the southerly periphery of the village on a quiet lane, to the south of Hale fell, and west of the A6. It was formerly called Fell End.
MEADOW AND PASTURE LAND
A sound enclosure of meadow land just north of Hale Head with access from the A6, to the west of the road. Just north of Hale Head as shown edged green on the Sale Plan, extending to just under 4 acres.
Stockproof boundaries. Mains water.
This Lot is not available as a separate Lot, unless a sale of Lot 1 is agreed.
Freehold. Vacant possession on completion.
Mains water and electricity. Oil fired central heating. Private septic tank drainage system in the garden. High speed B4RN broadband.
BASIC PAYMENT SCHEME
There are no entitlements to the Basic Payment Scheme.
There are no agricultural Stewardship Schemes which affect the property.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59753366.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN160216. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.