3 bedroom detached house for saleScotts Corner, Panxworth, Norfolk
Sold STC £350,000
- Entrance hall
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Utility room
- Family bathroom
- Sitting room
- Master bedroom
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Cupboard (plumbing from previous wash basin and W.C.)
- Ample off road parking
- Large garden
- Kitchen garden
- In all approximately 0.27 acres (stms)
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Norwich: 8 miles
- Ranworth (village and broad): 1.4 miles
- A47: 3 miles
- East Coast: 14 miles
Cobweb Cottage is located at Scott's Corner, Panxworth, and the name Scott's Corner is believed to date back to the mid 1800's and the Scott family of the day. Panxworth is a small Broadland village, with Wroxham, the heart of the broads only a few miles away, as is Ranworth broad. There are numerous walks and nature trails in the local area. Both Wroxham and Acle market towns offer local schools, shopping facilities and amenities whilst both the city of Norwich and the east coast are within easy driving distance.
Cobweb Cottage is a truly charming property and having been sympathetically restored over the last few years retains many original features, such as the exposed timbers, brick and tiled floors and Inglenook fireplaces. The property was re-thatched in Norfolk reed in 2011 and the concrete render has been removed and replaced with a lime render. Now a three bedroom cottage, it is believed to have been 2 smaller cottages that have been put together over time.
The ground floor is accessed through either the front door into the entrance hall or through the more traditional split rear door, entering directly into the bright kitchen/breakfast room complete with wood burner installed in an Inglenook fireplace and enjoying windows to the front and rear allowing plenty of natural light to enter the room. A utility room is accessed off the kitchen/breakfast room as is the family bathroom, complete with roll top bath and separate shower cubicle. A study is located off the entrance hall with a window looking out over the garden whilst the sitting room benefits from another wood burner in a brick fire place surround and another split door opening to the rear terrace.
The open staircase leads up from the ground floor to a central first floor landing. The master bedroom is located at one end of the landing, complete with built in cupboards and the second bedroom is found at the other end of the cottage, again with built in cupboards. A third bedroom is situated directly opposite the staircase off the landing and a cupboard between the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms previously housed a wash basin and toilet and could potentially be converted back into a working W.C.
The property is approached over a gravel parking and turning area through a 5 bar gate and leads to a greenhouse and garage. The large garden is divided into various sections, and has been the subject of a landscaping programme. A kitchen garden has been created along with numerous planted shrubs, bushes and hedges throughout the garden, creating a wonderful cottage garden. The rear doors open onto the rear patio terrace and are separated from the lawned garden by mature beds. The house is set back from the road behind a grass verge and trellis fencing.
Directions NR13 6 JF
Leave Norwich on the Salhouse Road passing through Rackheath and Salhouse continuing to follow signs for the B1140 to Acle. Continue past the Woodbastwick turnoff and upon reaching the centre of Panxworth and prior to reaching the first junction Cobweb Cottage can be found immediately on your right hand side indicated by its own name plate.
Broadland District Council, Band: E, Annual cost: £1,875.90 (2016/17).
Mains water and electricity, oil fired central heating and mains drainage.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59813888.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR160172. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.