5 bedroom detached house for saleThe Haie, Newnham, Gloucestershire, GL14
Under Offer £885,000
- 4 Bathrooms
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Reception Rooms
Full descriptionImpressive barn conversion in a super rural location, enjoying woodland views. Potential for 13 acres of paddock available by separate negotiation
In all about 2.6 Acres (garden) with a further 13.3 Acres available via separate negotiation.
There are a number of riding/equestrian centres within the area, including the Forest of Dean Riding Club which offers members a range of events, clinics and competitions. Good outriding in the Forest of Dean and surrounding countryside. Hartpury Equine College (14½ miles) offers elite equestrian training with top class facilities and hosts a series of year-round, national and international competitions. Racecourses at Chepstow, Cheltenham and Hereford.
The Royal Forest of Dean and Puzzle Wood have featured in a variety of films and drama series, such as Harry Potter and the TV show Merlin.
From Gloucester take the A40 (south west) out of the city, taking the exit at the roundabout signed Ross-on-Wye/Chepstow/Forest of Dean and after about 4 miles upon reaching another roundabout, take the first exit onto the A48 signed Minsterworth and Westbury-on-Severn. Continue along this road for about 11 miles and upon reaching the town of Newnham, pass through the town (staying on the A48) and after about 1 mile upon leaving the town, take a right-hand turn onto a private drive signed The Haie (there is an old lodge house at the entrance). Continue along this drive for about 1 mile and follow the sign for The Barns.
By prior appointment via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341.
A nominal fee of £10 pcm is payable into a fund by all residents for the maintenance of the private road.
* Primary: Newnham, Littledean * Secondary: Cinderford, Ross-on-Wye. Further information available at: www.forestofdean.gov.uk * Independent: Gloucester and Monmouth have some excellent independent schools; with the Cheltenham and Hereford schools also easily accessible. Further information available at: www.isc.co.uk
Newnham has a church, primary school, doctors surgery, café, pubs, a variety of shops and services to meet most day-to-day requirements and a regular country market selling local produce. Littledean also has a village store. Ross-on-Wye and Gloucester are a short drive away and the local town of Monmouth offers further amenities, including a quality supermarket (Waitrose), a theatre and a wide selection of shops, restaurants and pubs. More extensive retail & cultural therapy is available in Gloucester, Cheltenham, Hereford and Bristol.
The area offers a wealth of sporting and recreational facilities, including walking, fishing and riding, as well as a range of water sporting activities. The popular Wye Valley, and Royal Forest of Dean with its array of places to explore and visit, such as Symonds Yat, the Clearwell Caves and Puzzle Wood are a short drive away. A variety of sports clubs can be found locally and nearby at Ross-on-Wye, with the Ski & Snowboard Centre at Gloucester.
Forest of Dean District Council: 01594 810000.
Band G; (£2608.00 2016/17).
This property is not Listed.
* Spacious, light & airy property, which has been finished to an extremely high standard throughout by the current owners. * Versatile accommodation with potential for an annexe, multi-generational living or simply as a wonderful family home. * The large, Mark Wilkinson fitted Master bedroom suite is complemented by a Travertine-tiled shower room; the remaining bedrooms are generously-proportioned, 3 with en-suite facilities. * Fabulous Mark Wilkinson fitted kitchen and utility/boot room with access to the garden. * Large double-glazed conservatory with views over the grounds. * The property cleverly incorporates the very best of modern living with a traditional feel, including wooden floors, exposed beams and feature brick fireplaces in the generously proportioned reception rooms.
The property is situated in a tranquil rural location on the periphery of the Royal Forest of Dean, bounded by woodland with views over its grounds and the surrounding countryside. The Barns, which was converted c. 1990, is positioned well away from main roads in a beautiful location and offers a sought-after rural quality of life, combined with excellent links to the commercial centres of Gloucester, Chepstow, Monmouth and Cheltenham, which are all easily accessible.
* Well positioned within its own plot, the property is surrounded by gardens of about 2.6 acres and enjoys stunning views over its grounds and the surrounding woodland. * The beautiful manicured, but easily maintained gardens are maturely planted with a variety of shrubs and trees. * 2 patio terraces are perfect for seasonal entertaining, and an attractive pond with decked area provides an optional seating area to sit and enjoy the tranquil surroundings. * A further 13.3 acres is available by separate negotiation. Please contact the Agent for further information. * The property is approached by a long, private road flanked by woodland and with views across the valley to the Severn Estuary.
* Mileages: Newnham 2 miles, Littledean 3½ miles, Ross-on-Wye 12 miles, Gloucester 13 miles, Chepstow & Monmouth 17 miles, Cheltenham 20 miles, Hereford 24 miles, Bristol 46 miles * Road: M50 (Jct 4) 15 miles, M5 (Jct 11) 18 miles * Railway: Lydney (9 miles) * Gloucester (15 miles); Airport: Bristol (42 miles), Birmingham (71 miles)
Summary of Features
* Immaculate barn conversion offering extensive accommodation (4074 sq ft) * 5 double bedrooms; 4 with en-suite facilities, including spacious Master suite * 2 generous reception rooms, study, conservatory and large entrance hall * Superb modern kitchen with central island and integrated appliances * Beautiful gardens extending to 2.6 Acres, additional land (13.3 Acres) available separately * Double and single brick built garages and workshop, ample parking, hard tennis court, pond
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59847365.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HFD160105. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Grant & Co, Ledbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.