2 bedroom end of terrace house for saleWest Street, Haslemere
Please quote reference 27277 when enquiring about this property
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.
50 West Street
SEMI DETACHED HOUSE IN CENTRAL HASLEMERE, SURREY
FREEHOLD - Excellent structural and decorative standard
Offered for immediate sale with no chain.
A charming, cosy two bedroom, two storey (plus loft) semi-detached house in the much sought-after location of central Haslemere, Surrey.
Haslemere is a much sought-after prime location for lifestyle and residences. This Surrey market town is in the Waverley Area. This beautiful south west corner of the Surrey Hills is designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. A mile away are the Hampshire and West Sussex borders.
Haslemere is named 10th out of the top 50 best places to live in the whole of the UK in the Halifaxs Quality of Life Survey for 2015.
The house's location cannot be bettered; it is just 70 metres from Waitrose and Haslemere Town Centre, and c350 metres from Haslemere mainline railway station. In under the hour fast trains whisk you to central London or to the coast.
Built c1902 of brick walls with a pitched slate roof, the house has been carefully upgraded in the current ownership (since 1995) to be a well appointed cottage-like home.
It provides all of the charm and character of a period building but with the lower maintenance of a newer house.
It has loft insulation.
In 2004 all internal walls were stripped of all wall paper and the aged flaky plasterwork was hacked off down to the bricks, then fully re-plastered with cornices added. The plaster quality is so good that no paper has been needed, permitting the walls to be finished with Dulux matt emulsion paint.
New pine flooring & skirting boards and natural pine stairs were installed.
New combo boiler fitted 2012 and is regularly maintained.
Fully working central heating to 7 radiators (4 downstairs, including a floor to ceiling feature rad, and 3 upstairs). TV aerial outlets on both floors.
In front is a small herb garden, while at rear is a small pretty garden with patio, lawn and flower bed.
Haslemere's shopping can't be bettered. The house is situated just 70 metres from Waitrose. Also on the street is a real baker (which bakes overnight) , a cheese specialist / deli, a wine specialist, W.H.Smith, a hardware store and the main Post Office.
The Town Centre is 30 metres further on. M&S Food is a under a mile away, open 8am to 8pm , with a Tesco Superstore opposite 6am - Midnight. A Premier convenience store is closer still and open 6am - 11pm. A health food store A petrol station M&S is in Hindhead with the nearest Sainsbury and a Co-op are at Grayshott, all under 3 miles away. In Godalming, c6 miles is the Award-winning Secret's Garden Centre and stunning deli. A farmers market takes place on the first Sunday of every month. The towns food festival takes place in September.
Haslemere has several dozen above average independent and specialist shops, including Agas, art shop, cycles, guns, pets, vets, party gear, fabrics, photographers, coiffures, fashion, florists, beauticians, sportswear, and a modern leisure facility/pool.
Chinese, Thai, Indian and Pizza restaurants are in town plus coffee and teashops, one with cupcakery. There is a branch of Cook for frozen ready meals There are several nearby Michelin listed pubs with good grub. Modern British food is at the Georgian and AA two-rosette Lythe Hill Hotels. 2 petrol stations and several car dealers are in town.
This Surrey market town is endowed with independent and state schools which deal with infants to 18 year olds. Further education includes local adult night classes and activities. A hospital and medical centre and outstanding countryside complete the picture.
The house is c350 metres from Haslemere mainline railway station. In under the hour fast trains whisk you to central London or to the coast. Various bus routes take you to other locations. Ideal for the Commuter.
50 WEST STREET FURTHER DETAILS Dims may be approx. E & OE
- Overall land area: east-west - c28' x c74.4', total c1861.62 sq ft.
- Slate roof fully underwent full replacement by local roofer in 2012.
- Non operational chimney and lead work underwent full maintenance in 2014.
- Fully functioning modern TV aerial on chimney.
- Access path on eastern exterior side of the house. Neighbour 48 West Street has right of way but not ownership.
- Front: Small front garden, 28' x av 6', laid with alternate 12" slabs and planting areas in checker-board pattern in which herbs are cultivated..
- Rear: Small rear garden, 28' x c40'. Restyled in 3 sections with paving slabs, lawn and well planted flower bed.
- Conservatory opens to a level slabbed area (15" slabs), suitable for sitting out and al fresco dining etc.
- 2 x Matching brick-walled flower beds are either side of access slabs to lawn.
- New (07/2015) garden shed, 6' x 3' stands on the slabs. This is included in the house sale. Shed contents are for sale but are not included in house price. Offers taken for Mountfield electric mower, electric scarifier, electric strimmers, leaf blower/vacuum and other garden tools.
- New full-width double glazed conservatory (c28' x 10') built in 1995, affording views to rear garden.
- Conservatory & Kitchen flooring throughout: Italian floor tiles. Walls to midway height: Matching wall tiles.
- Original flaking plaster work stripped off down to the bricks throughout the whole house and replaced by professionally applied new high quality plaster in 2004.
- Loft insulation applied.
- Complete electrical rewire 2004 with modern twin & earth wiring. Fuseboard, sockets and switches replacing decade's-old equipment.
- 2 x new modern double-glazed internal doors (draught-free) replaced the ill-fitting old ones. One to porch, the other to kitchen.
- 1 x new modern double-glazed internal double doors fitted opening to conservatory.
- New copper plumbing and new radiators (total 6) fitted in each room in 2004. (Lounge 3 rads inc 1 maroon feature wall to ceiling 9 pipe rad, and one rad each in conservatory, bedroom 1 and bedroom 2.)
- A brand new gas-fired Potterton combination boiler was fitted in 2014.
- Telecom phone line entry point in lounge. Phone socket extensions in lounge & bedroom 1.
- TV aerial points in lounge & bedroom 1.
- Natural pine floor boards and skirting boards fitted by local carpenter in 1996, now mellowed to gorgeous golden colour.
- New pine staircase and banisters installed 2004 (matching golden pine colour).
- Fitted, lined curtains for all windows inc conservatory, inc nets at front ground bow windows.
VIEWING BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Please note: The freehold, detached house next door (no 48) is in the same ownership and can also be sold immediately, with no chain.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 0027277. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Urban.co.uk, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.