Shop for sale1-2 Market Place, 8 Silver Street & Adjacent Land, Thorne, Doncaster, DN8 5DT
7,966 sq. ft.
- 7,966 sq ft (740 sq m)
- A unique opportunity to acquire a major Thorne land mark property
- The property fronts Market Place and Silver Street
- Prominent corner location
- May be suitable for retail and other uses (stp) and Listed Building Consent etc
- 1 -2 Market Place is Grade II Listed
- Land with development potential to the rear (stp)
REDEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY SUBJECT TO PLANNING AND SUBJECT TO LISTED BUILDING CONSENT
1-2 Market Place
The property comprises a 2 storey Grade II listed building,constructed possibly late 18th C. It is a former retail premises that has been vacant and boarded up for many years.
There is a 2 storey rear wing with a further attic having dormer windows to the main building. It is of brick/render construction under slate and tiled covered pitched
8 Silver Street
The property comprises a detached 2 storey house, built possibly 19th C as a Police House that in recent years has been converted to office accommodation. It has also
been vacant and boarded up for several years. Brick construction under a pitched tile covered roof.
Land to Rear
Level rectangular site with a derelict outbuilding and overgrown with scrub/grass. It adjoins land owned by Doncaster Council and Thorne-Moorends Town Council.
We estimate the area of net developable land to the rear to be 0.37 acres (0.149 hectares).
We understand there is a right of way from Bridge Street on land formerly outlined for the Thorne Inner Relief Road.
**Access can be provided upon special request, but the freeholder deems the premises to be a dangerous structure and unsafe**.
**The proposed purchaser agrees to refurbish the Listed building and does not demolish the building given its Listed status**.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-60094613.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2177. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Barnsdales Ltd - Commercial, Doncaster. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.