4 bedroom detached house for saleGlenmore Park, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
- family house with annexe
- popular South side of town
- 4 bedrooms
- dual-aspect sitting room
- 1,633 sq ft
- dining room/kitchen
- well-stocked front and rear gardens
- detached garage with studio above
- driveway parking
- EPC Rating = D
A well-presented family house with ancillary accommodation on the favoured South side of Tunbridge Wells
Glenmore Park is a no-through residential road tucked away off Broadwater Down, on the South side of Tunbridge Wells. The High Street and mainline station are within about 1.4 miles and the town offers an extensive range of shops, restaurants, bars and two theatres. The historic Pantiles are about a mile away and the Woodland Trust's Hargate Forest, with its network of walking trails, can be accessed from Broadwater Down.
State and private schools: The Mead, Rose Hill and Holmewood House preparatory schools and Beechwood Sacred Heart for ages 3-18 all lie within 3.5 miles and there is a choice of grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge at secondary level.
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (about 1.4 miles) with regular services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street from 50 minutes.
Communications: The A21 is accessible just North of Tunbridge Wells, linking to the London M25 orbital and thereby the national motorway network, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the Channel Tunnel.
- entrance porch
- entrance hall
- sitting room
- kitchen open plan to dining room
- master bedroom en suite
- 3 further double bedrooms
- family bathroom
- front and back gardens
- detached garage with first floor studio
- off-street parking
- EPC = D
Webs House is a modern four-bedroom house in this sought-after area, conveniently-located for the station, High Street and Pantiles. The property is well-presented, with a contemporary finish including engineered wood flooring to the ground floor and stylish kitchen and bathroom fittings. The accommodation benefits from good ceiling heights and well-proportioned rooms and offers ideal entertaining space with direct access out to the garden terrace. Further points of note include:
- kitchen with an outlook over the garden and painted wall and base units with woodblock work surfaces. Utility area with a window to the front and a door leading out to the side;
- dining room, divided from the kitchen by a peninsula unit, with bi-fold doors leading out to the decked garden terrace;
- dual-aspect sitting room with a wide inglenook fireplace fitted with a gas fire and a lovely outlook over the front garden. Bi-fold doors open onto the rear garden terrace;
- master bedroom with fitted cupboards and an en suite shower room;
- three further double bedrooms, two with fitted cupboards, and a family bathroom complete the accommodation in the house.
A studio, currently arranged as guest accommodation, is situated at first floor level above the garage and has independent access via an external staircase. An internal staircase giving access to the garage remains in situ but is closed off by means of a trap door, offering the opportunity to use both levels in conjunction if desired, subject to any necessary consents.
The studio has dormer windows to the front and side, creating a light and spacious feel, with facilities including a sink unit and an en suite shower room.
The property is set well back from the road, accessed via a shared driveway offering off-street parking in front of the detached garage. Screening from the road is provided by the garage and mature trees and shrubs with glimpses of views across to the Langton Green ridge.
Well-stocked wide border beds planted for colour, texture and seasonal interest create an attractive approach to the house from the driveway, with a sheltered area of level lawn to the rear of the garage offering a delightful view from the kitchen/utility area.
The Southeast-facing rear garden is formed of tiered paving, stepping up towards the rear boundary and interspersed with raised beds stocked with carefully-chosen planting to give year-round interest, with two small ornamental ponds adding points of interest. A row of shaped evergreen trees ensures that the garden is screened to the rear, giving the garden a tucked-away feel. A decked terrace spans across the reception rooms creating a delightful area for outdoor living and entertaining, with a further covered area to the side of the house, currently arranged as a bar, enhancing the entertainment space.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Current Tax Band G.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no respon sibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,633 sq ft
Acreage: 0.13 Acres
From the Pantiles roundabout on the A26 in Tunbridge Wells head South on the A267 (Nevill Street/Frant Road). After less than half a mile, fork right onto Broadwater Down. Having passed St Mark's Church, take the next turning right into Glenmore Park.
Continue down the hill and round to the right, then carrying on straight ahead, passing the right turn after which the shared driveway to Webs House, number 36, and number 34 will be found about 120 yards along on the right.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60348155.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS140085. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.