4 bedroom terraced house for saleQuarry Cottages, Three Oaks Lane, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5
Sold STC £470,000
- idyllic woodland position
- stylishly-presented period cottage
- 0.5 miles Wadhurst mainline station
- open plan living area
- 3 first floor bedrooms
- 1,260 sq ft
- spacious en suite second floor bedroom
- gardens to front and rear
- detached garden studio
- EPC Rating = D
A delightful Victorian terraced cottage tucked-away in an idyllic position, close to Wadhurst mainline station
3 Quarry Cottages is situated in an idyllic position at the end of a shared track to three other properties, well back f rom a country lane. Wadhurst mainline station is less than half a mile away, offering services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street, with a journey time from about 1 hour.
The popular village of Wadhurst (1.5 miles) offers a wide selection of shops including a butcher, green grocer, delicatessen, post office, library, bank, chemist, hardware store, cafes, hairdressers, supermarkets and a garage. Tunbridge Wells (5.4 miles) has more comprehensive facilities.
State and Private schools:
Wadhurst and Stonegate primary schools, Bricklehurst Manor preparatory school (Stonegate) and Sacred Heart Catholic school (Wadhurst), Marlborough House and St. Ronan's (Hawkhurst), Uplands Community Technology College (Wadhurst), Mayfield School for Girls and Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge (entry by academic ability in the 11 plus exam).
Regular school and public bus services operate from Wadhurst.
The A267 Frant Road gives access to the A21 which links to the M25 at Junction 5 for Gatwick airport (31.5 miles to the West), the Eurotunnel terminal (Folkestone, 42 miles to the East) and Central London (47 miles).
- entrance hall
- open plan sitting/dining room
- utility/boot room
- ground floor bathroom
- 3 first floor bedrooms
- second floor en suite bedroom with mezzanine level
- gardens to front and back
- detached studio
- parking area
- EPC = D
3 Quarry Cottages is one of four delightful period cottages enjoying a tucked-away woodland position on the rural outskirts of this popular village, just half a mile from the mainline station.
Dating back to the late Victorian period, the cottages were originally built to house the quarrymen during the extraction of sandstone from the near-by rock face, the remnants of which can still be seen in the woods behind.
Nestled at the end of a long track from the lane, 3 Quarry Cottages benefits from lovely mature gardens to the front and rear and has been updated over the years to create stylish, light and spacious accommodation, arranged over three floors. Further points of note include:
- path from the track giving access to the door to number 3 Quarry Cottages, opening into an entrance hall/utility room providing useful domestic space, with a bathroom off;
- compact country-style fitted kitchen open plan to a 22'3 dining/sitting room with a lovely outlook over the rear garden to the South and a pretty brick fireplace with oak mantel and surround and a quarry-tiled hearth;
- three first floor bedrooms with an attractive outlook through big sash windows, two with period fireplaces;
- well-proportioned second floor bedroom with an en suite shower room and large velux windows where a view over rolling wooded countryside can be enjoyed. A striking feature of this room is the exposed wide brick chimney breast to one wall, with a coal-effect gas stove to the fore. A mezzanine level, accessible via a retractable wooden ladder, lies above.
- mature South-facing gardens to the rear, with a lawn, herbaceous borders and mixed planting to the boundaries, giving colour, privacy and shelter. A brick and paved terrace spans the back of the cottage providing a pretty seating area for enjoyment of the lovely position;
- garden to the front with trees and well-stocked raised herbaceous borders, with a substantial Studio at the end providing excellent ancillary space away from the house, with electricity supply and a telephone line;
- 3 Quarry Cottages enjoys a right of way for access over the entrance track;
- there is a designated parking area for three cars for the cottage, near the gate to Three Oaks Lane.
Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water and electricity, private drainage.
Wealden District Council: 01323 443322 or 01892 653311. Current Tax Band E (improvement indicator in place).
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 2.Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 1,260 sq ft
From our offices in Tunbridge Wells proceed out of the town on Frant Road (A267). Continue through Frant before turning left on the B2099 towards Wadhurst. Continue along the Wadhurst Road, passing Dewhurst Lane on the left and turn left into Three Oaks Lane which will be found on the left-hand side, before you reach the station. Proceed for about 0.3 miles and the track to Quarry Cottages will be found on the left-hand side, designated by a wooden gate.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60384491.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160193. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.