4 bedroom detached house for saleCrittenden Road, Matfield, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12
- stylish 4 bedroom Grade II listed cottage
- 2.7 miles Paddock Wood station
- PP to extend living space
- brick garage block with PP for annexe
- 2,424 sq ft
- mature gardens of 0.54 acres
- 1/2 mile from Matfield village
- well-placed for schools
A stylish Grade II listed cottage set in mature gardens,
conveniently located for schools and commuting,
with the benefit of planning permission for a ground floor extension, and the creation of an annexe
Matfield is a popular village with a friendly community spirit, located about 6 miles East of Tunbridge Wells. There is an excellent butcher that also sells vegetables, cheese and bread, a general store with newsagent, off-licence, post office and groceries, a hairdressers, two pubs and a restaurant.
There are many easily-accessible footpaths and cycle routes including the High Weald Landscape Trail and regular bus services to Paddock Wood and Tunbridge Wells. Visit http://www.brenchleyandmatfield.co.uk/content/about-our-villages for further information.
Paddock Wood (2.7 miles) has a Waitrose supermarket, Barsleys Department Store and several other shops, while Tunbridge Wells (6 miles) offers a far more comprehensive range of high street shops and facilities. All mileages are approximate.
State and private schools in the area include Brenchley and Horsmonden primary schools, Bethany school in Goudhurst, Dulwich Preparatory School in Cranbrook, the Schools at Somerhill, Holmewood House, Beechwood Sacred Heart, Kent College for girls in Pembury, Tonbridge School for boys and state grammar schools.
Paddock Wood (2.7 miles), services to London Bridge, Charing Cross (via London Bridge/Waterloo East) and Cannon Street, with journey times from 42 minutes.
Communications: The nearby A21 links directly to the M25 London orbital to the North, and thereby the national motorway network, Gatwick and Heathrow airports.
- rear entrance porch/boot room
- rear lobby
- sitting room
- kitchen/dining room
- 2 first floor bedrooms (one en suite with walk-in closet)
- family bath/laundry room
- 2 second floor bedrooms
- 2 brick garages/workshop
- about 0.54 acres
- Planning Permisssion: Ref: 14/506353/FULL, dated February, 2015 to remove the existing conservatory and construct a single storey garden room, and convert one of the existing garages to guest accommodation.
This quintessential oak-framed 17th Century cottage has been sympathetically updated with a fresh modern finish which enhances the many attractive period features and is set within lovely gardens, enjoying a southerly aspect to the rear.
Pimms Cottage is ideally located about half a mile from the centre of the popular village of Matfield, with its iconic duck pond and local amenities. There is a good choice of Kent schools in the area, and Paddock Wood mainline station is about 2.7 miles away, offering regular services enabling a journey to London Bridge and Charing Cross from 42 minutes.
The property offers scope to further enhance the living space, with planning and listed buildings consent to replace the conservatory with a larger garden room with double doors out to the terrace and the conversion of one of the garages to create useful additional guest accommodation. Further points of note include:
- porch/boot room providing practical space for outdoor wear and opening into a lobby with wide oak flooring;
- sitting room in the oldest part of the house, with oak wall and ceiling beams, painted wood panel doors and a substantial brick inglenook fireplace with a flagstone hearth and fitted with a wood burning stove;
- study with quarry-tiled floor and fitted with built-in cupboards and shelves;
- stylish country kitchen with doors out to the conservatory, oak flooring, a two-oven oil-fired Aga and open plan to the dining room, creating well-proportioned family living space which includes a brick fireplace with a wood burning stove;
- conservatory with terracotta-tiled floor opening out to the mature gardens;
- bedroom accommodation arranged over two floors, comprising a master bedroom with well-appointed en suite shower room and a further double bedroom on the first floor, and two good-sized second floor bedrooms;
- character family bathroom, with oak flooring and enjoying a lovely outlook through a large sash window over the garden, fitted with a ball and claw bath, also servingas a laundry room with space for a washing machine and tumble drier.
The mature well-screened gardens are of particular note, offering lovely space for children and animals and divided into several distinct areas by trimmed hedges.
- brick terrace on the South side, accessed from the conservatory and with a seating area;
- level lawn bordered by thick hedging and mature trees and interspersed with well-stocked herbaceous beds;
- "meadow" area/orchard towards the rear boundary, with several mature trees;
- separate level lawn on the eastern side, ideal for use as a more informal play area;
- electric gates from the road opening onto a gravel driveway and a courtyard providing good space for parking and turning in front of a substantial brick-built garage block.
Oil-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax Band G.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or con tract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,424 sq ft
Acreage: 0.54 Acres
From Tunbridge Wells, head South on the A21 to the Kippings Cross roundabout, taking the first exit towards Matfield. Continue through the village, past the Village Green and turn left by The Poet restaurant into Chestnut Lane. Proceed for about 0.3 miles passing Foxhole Lane on the left-hand side. Pass Pimms Orchard and the gate to Pimms Cottage will be found immediately afterwards on the right-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60386648.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS150227. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.