3 bedroom detached house for saleAuchenhay Cottage, Corsock, Castle Douglas, Dumfries and Galloway, DG7
- A delightful traditional Galloway cottage in a peaceful rural location.
- Renovated small bothy forming a gallery/exhibition space.
- Sitting Room. Spacious comfortable kitchen/dining/living area. Utility Room.
- Three Bedrooms. Further Bedroom or Study. Bathroom. Shower Room.
- Garden enjoying views of the surrounding countryside.
Auchenhay Cottage is a traditional Galloway shepherd's cottage which has been extended and modernised over the years to form a comfortable 3/4 bedroom home. It sits in mature gardens and overlooks open farmland on all sides. The current owner has renovated the small bothy to form a gallery/exhibition space, which could lend itself to a number of uses. The property is fully double glazed and has an oil fired Rayburn cooker, which provides hot water and serves the central heating system, with a log burner for additional warmth when required.
Corsock is a small village and offers a small pub and a twice weekly post office held in the village hall. The village hall is the venue for a renowned Christmas Craft Show in November and The Great Corsock Show in August. The Urr water run close by. Crocketford has a well stocked village shop and a village pub, and sits on the main A75 trunk road leading east to Dumfries and west to Castle Douglas. There is a good range of individual shops and services in Castle Douglas, known as the region's Food Town, and a broader range of high street shops, larger supermarkets, retail parks, large hospital and university campuses in Dumfries. There is a village school in nearby Springholm, and school buses stop at Auchenhay lane end.
EPC Rating = F
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60387272.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CAD160082. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Castle Douglas. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.