2 bedroom cottage for saleThe Sheiling, The Park, Closeburn, Thornhill DG3 5JT
- Electric Central Heating
- Large Wooden Garage
- Secluded low maintenance Garden.
A RARE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE BEAUTIFULLY SITUATED DETACHED COTTAGE SET WITHIN A SPACIOUS PRIVATE PLOT IN THE PICTURESQUE HAMLET OF THE PARK, THREE MILES FROM THE VILLAGE OF THORNHILL IN BEAUTIFUL MID NITHSDALE. THE PROPERTY OFFERS WELL APPOINTED ACCOMMODATION WITH POTENTIAL FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT SUBJECT TO APPROPRIATE APPROVALS.
THE PARK IS A SMALL HAMLET LYING APPROXIMATELY ONE MILE FROM THE LARGER VILLAGE OF CLOSEBURN WHICH LIES ON THE A76. IT HAS ITS OWN GENERAL STORE/SUB POST OFFICE, CHURCH AND PRIMARY SCHOOL.
TWO MILES NORTH LIES THORNHILL, A PICTURESQUE VILLAGE WITH WIDE STREETS LINED WITH LIME TREES. THERE ARE EXCELLENT PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS WITHIN THE VILLAGE WHICH ALSO HAS A QUALITY 18-HOLE GOLF COURSE, A THRIVING BOWLING CLUB AND TENNIS AND SQUASH CLUBS. THE AREA IS WELL KNOWN FOR SALMON AND TROUT FISHING IN THE RIVER NITH AND ITS TRIBUTARIES AND FOR ITS SHOOTING AND HILL WALKING OPPORTUNITIES. FOUR MILES TO THE NORTH LIES DRUMLANRIG CASTLE.
TELEPHONE THE SELLING AGENTS ON 01848 330207 FOR AN APPOINTMENT TO VIEW
THE ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES:-
UPVC half glazed door to the entrance vestibule with tiled flooring and to the hallway with fitted carpet, single central heating radiator, 4 x 13 amp power points. Hatchway to the loft which is fully insulated and partially floored.
15' 3" X 12' 2" (At widest points)
Spacious room with the main feature being the inset cast iron wood burning stove on slate hearth. Two double glazed windows to the front. Double central heating radiator. 10 x 13 amp power points. Telephone point. TV aerial point. Shelved cupboard. Half glazed double doors lead to the kitchen.
11' 3" X 8'
Modern fitted kitchen with a good range of works tops, base units and wall cupboards with tiled surround. Single drainer sink unit. Stainless steel cooker hood. Plumbed for automatic washing machine. Double glazed window and half glazed storm door leading to the rear garden. Tiled flooring. 10 x 13 amp power points. Ceiling downlighters. Floor level fan radiator.
14' 2" X 11' 1" (At widest points)
Good sized double bedroom with double glazed windows overlooking the rear garden. Double central heating radiator. 10 x 13 amp power points. Fitted carpet. Shelved cupboard.
14' 2" X 9' 3"
Slightly irregular shaped double bedroom with double glazed windows to the front. Double central heating radiator. 8 x 13 amp power points. Fitted carpet.
7' 4" X 7' 2"
Modern bathroom suite consisting of roll top bath, WC, wash hand basin and shower cubical with mains shower and tiled surround. Vinyl flooring. Single central heating radiator. Double glazed frosted glass window. Xpelair.
To the side of the property sits private large wooden shed with ample parking area, lawn area and borders with flowers and shrubs. Outside light. A paved pathway leads round the side of the property with the garden ground to the rear bordered by woodland and principally laid out in lawn with a smaller cultivated area with mature shrubs. Outside light and water faucet.
1. Services: Mains water and electricity. Private drainage. Prospective purchasers are advised that the Selling Agents have not tested any of the services or any of the appliances to be included in the sale and accordingly prospective purchasers are advised to check the position for themselves prior to proceeding with an offer for the property.
2. A closing date for offers may be fixed and therefore it would be advisable for prospective purchasers to register their interest with the Selling Agents.
3. These particulars have been carefully prepared by Messrs Pollock & McLean, Solicitors and Estate Agents. Although believed to be correct they are not guaranteed and therefore prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the basic facts before submitting an offer.
4. Post Code DG3 5JT
Council Tax Band D
5. All internal photographs have been taken using a wide angled lens
6. Entry by arrangement
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60397706.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TheSheiling. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Pollock & Mclean Solicitors & Estate Agents, Thornhill. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.