4 bedroom detached house for saleTong Road, Brenchley, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12
- Reception/Dining Hall
- Large L shaped Drawing Room
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Galleried Family Room
- Principal Bedroom with Dressing Area and En Suite Bathroom
- Guest Bedroom with Jack and Jill En Suite Shower Room
- Two Further Bedrooms
- Oil Fired Cental Heating
- Garden and Grounds Including Apple Orchard of About 3.5 Acres
This fine Grade II listed barn is believed to date back to around 1650 and has now been beautifully renovated to a high standard. The spacious interior provides flexible family accommodation with many period features including exposed timbers and beams. Points of particular note include:-
- The spacious vaulted reception/dining hall with beautiful porcelain tiled flooring which is also in the drawing room and kitchen/breakfast room.
- The large open plan L-shaped drawing room with a Stovax wood burner with brick surround and under floor heating, double aspect outlook and French doors to the garden. From here stairs rise to the impressive galleried family room with its high vaulted and beamed ceiling to the full roof height.
- The well fitted and equipped kitchen/breakfast room has a range of white cupboards and drawers, long granite composite work surfaces, a central island with cupboards underneath. Integrated appliances include an induction hob, AEG oven and dishwasher. Adjacent is a utility room with double sink and fitted cupboards with door opening to the courtyard.
- The spacious double aspect principal bedroom has a dressing area and a beautifully fitted en suite bathroom with an oval bath and separate walk-in shower.
- The guest bedroom has fitted cupboards and a well fitted Jack and Jill shower room.
- There are two further bedrooms on the top floor both with eaves storage and they share a cloakroom.
The property is set in delightful, rural surroundings adjoining orchards and is situated about 1.5 miles to the south of the picturesque village of Brenchley and about 2.25 miles to the west of Horsmonden. The house is within easy reach of the A21, about 1 mile away for access to Tunbridge Wells about 8 miles away for comprehensive shopping facilities. There is a selection of schools in the area for children of all ages in both the private and state sectors and recreational amenities include golf at a number of courses and in Tunbridge Wells there is also a cinema complex, theatres, sports and leisure centre and numerous restaurants etc.
The house is approached by a delightful walled garden which is accessed through timber gates providing parking for several vehicles. There is also parking to the side of the property which leads to a gate with access to the garden which wraps around the property. The garden is mainly laid to lawn and has a variety of shrubs, trees, a vegetable patch, brick built gazebo and shed. There is a wild meadow which has a pond and pathway to an apple orchard of about 3.5 acres. There is an attached studio which is currently used as an artist studio with a cloakroom.
Train Services: Paddock Wood main line station for trains to Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street about 50/55 minutes.
Road Communications: The A21 for a direct route to the M25 national motorway network
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUN160142. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamptons International Sales, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.