5 bedroom detached house for saleThornes Road, Thornes, Wakefield
Guide Price £360,000
- GUIDE PRICE: £360,000 - £380,000
- 4/5 bedroomed Family Home built in 1920s
- Abundance of charm and character
- Viewing by appointment to fully appreciate this stunning home
GUIDE PRICE: £360,000 - £380,000. Built in 1920s this handsome property has been lovingly renovated from top to bottom with well stocked gardens to front and rear. Substantial family home. Viewing by Appointment to fully appreciate this 4/5 bedroomed property.
GUIDE PRICE: £360,000 - £380,000. Built in 1920s this handsome property stands proud overlooking Thornes Park. Lovingly renovated from top to bottom the properly for the family comprises of entrance hallway, kitchen with ample cupboard and dining space, three reception areas, four/five bedrooms and a family bathroom. Huge potential to reconfigure for the modern family. The property has well stocked gardens to both front and rear and a generous long driveway leading to a garage with up and over door. The property overlooks Thornes Park with a leafy outlook, close to local schools, Wakefield City Centre, other amenities and Northern Motorway network system. Viewing by Appointment to fully appreciate this delightful home.
Side entrance door with obscured leaded stained glass panels leading into the entrance L-shaped hallway.
Bright and airy hallway with decorative open banistrail, original coving, picture rail, dado rail, radiator, hardwood window with obscured leaded glazed panel. Understairs storage closet. Staircase access to the first floor.
Kitchen/Diner 13' 10" Max x 10' 10" Max ( 4.22m Max x 3.30m Max )
Upvc window overlooking the rear gardens. Upvc door with leaded and stained glass obscured provides access to the rear gardens. Cottage style kitchen finished in cream with antique brass basket weave fixtures, good deal of storage, cupboards, drawers, shelving,plate rack, under cabinet lighting, integrated double oven, five ring gas hob, built-in extractor fan with downlights, butchers block style work surface, integrated fridge, integrated freezer, integrated washing machine, partly tiled walls, one and a half sink and drainer with a mixer tap, dining table island, laminate floor, radiator. Window bringing in a good deal of light into the open plan conservatory/dining area.
Sitting Room 13' 9" x 13' 10" to the alcove ( 4.19m x 4.22m to the alcove )
Coving to ceiling, picture rail, dado rail, living flame gas fireplace, sliding patio doors leading into the conservatory/dining area.
Dining Area/Conservatory 22' Max x 11' 9" Max ( 6.71m Max x 3.58m Max )
Window overlooking the kitchen. Upvc window to the side rear aspect. Upvc windows, french doors provide access to the rear gardens. Radiator, feature arch into the conservatory area, ceiling rose, dado rail, lighting on a dimmer switch.
Lounge/dining area 13' 10" into the bay window x 25' 4" Max ( 4.22m into the bay window x 7.72m Max )
Upvc patio doors to the front aspect. Upvc window to the front with obscured glazed leaded stained glass panels above. Two radiators, living flame gas fireplace with an ornate tile base, poppy tiled surround and resin hearth, wall lights, decorative coving, picture rail, dado rail, tv point, two ceiling roses. The feature window overlooking the second reception room has original leaded and stained glass which provides a good deal of natural light.
First Floor Landing
Good size landing area. Radiator, dado rail, cupboard storage, deep skirtings.
Bedroom 2 11' 6" Max x 11' 10" ( 3.51m Max x 3.61m )
Upvc window to the front aspect. Radiator, full height built-in furniture to include two single and two double wardrobes and glass fronted cupboards with drawers beneath to one wall, overhead cupboards, further single wardrobes and drawers.
Bedroom 1 11' 10" x 11' 10" ( 3.61m x 3.61m )
Upvc window to the rear aspect. Picture rail, upvc window to the side aspect. Loft access.
Bedroom 3 11' 5" x 11' ( 3.48m x 3.35m )
Upvc window to the front aspect. Radiator, picture rail, loft access with a pull-down ladder.
Bedroom 4 13' 10" x 8' 9" ( 4.22m x 2.67m )
Upvc window to the side aspect. Radiator, picture rail, deep skirtings.
Bedroom 5 6' 2" Max x 5' 8" Max ( 1.88m Max x 1.73m Max )
Upvc obscured glaze window to the side aspect. Radiator, loft access.
Upvc obscured glazed window to the rear aspect. Storage cupboard. Corner shower cubicle with a partly tiled surround, panelled bath with mixer tap, shower attachment, wash basin with units beneath and above, partly tiled walls, tiled floor, radiator, extractor fan.
Stunning well stocked gardens with lawned areas to the front . Paved driveway to the front leading down the side of the property leading to a garage with power and an up and over door. Paved patio terrace with a dwarf wall, outside water tap, steps down to further lawned gardens, wildlife pond and a timber framed shed. Access to the adjacent side of the property with a greenhouse.
Leave William H brown via Denby Dale Road/A636. Drive 500 metres then take the exit to remain on Denby Dale Road. Take a right at the traffic lights onto Thornes Road. The property can be identified by our For Sale board on the left.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60418808.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WAK115071. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Wakefield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.