6 bedroom detached house for saleChurch Lane, Hethel, Norfolk
Sold STC £765,000
An attractive and spacious 6 bedroom family home offering over 3000 sq. ft. of living accommodation set over three floors, built approximately 9 years ago in a period farmhouse style. The house is set in beautifully landscaped gardens extending to 0.7 acres (stms) in a rural location only 8 miles from Norwich.
- Sitting room
- Kitchen/ breakfast room
- Dining room
- Snug/ Playroom
- Utility room
- Master bedroom with dressing room and en-suite
- Bedroom 2 with en-suite
- 2 further first floor bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- 2 second floor bedrooms, one with en-suite
- Triple garage
- Established wrap-around gardens (0.7 acres stms)
- Ample parking
- Greenhouse, potting shed
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Norwich: 8 miles
- A11: 3 miles (A47 junction 4.7 miles)
- A140: 4 miles
- Mulbarton: 1.7 miles
- Wymondham: 5.1 miles
Hethel is a small, rural hamlet near the historic market town of Wymondham and sits just a few miles to the south of the city of Norwich. Neighbouring Mulbarton has schooling up to the age of 11, as well as shops, pubs, healthcare provision and a large common. Several secondary schools, including Wymondham College, can be found within a 10 mile radius. Hethel is ideally placed for access into the city as well as the rest of East Anglia with the A11, A140 and A47 being only a few miles drive away.
Darnell House is situated on a no-through lane, leading to an historic church and a network of footpaths from which to appreciate the stunning countryside. As you approach the property, the gravel drive passes a neighbouring house and continues to a large parking area with triple garage. The house was built by the current owners nine years ago to an extremely high standard. It is of blockwork construction and the exterior is part rendered, part weather-boarded. The design was intended to be sympathetic with neighbouring period properties and has resulted in a stunning modern home which rests comfortably within its surroundings.
A paved path leads to the front door which opens into a spacious hallway, from which you can access many of the ground-floor rooms. The terracotta floor tiles create a practical and smart entrance and are continued into the kitchen-breakfast room. Underfloor heating throughout the ground floor creates an efficient, ambient warmth and the kitchen, which is dual aspect, catches the morning and afternoon sun. There are spaces for appliances and an electric range cooker with bottled gas hob. A substantial island creates seating for several people and a door leads through to a carpeted playroom. A utility room with extra storage has a stable door to the garden.
Also leading from the entrance hall is a W.C., study and a formal dining room with views over neighbouring fields. The sitting room, which is very generous in size, has a wood-burner, wooden floor and is dual-aspect.
On the first floor there are two double bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room, a single bedroom and a family bathroom. The master bedroom suite is extremely spacious and leads through to an en-suite bathroom and large dressing room, which could also be used as an adjoining nursery.
From the light and airy landing, with its fitted linen cupboard, stairs lead up to the second floor. This comprises of two bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room. This floor lends itself to being used as teenagers or guest accommodation.
The beautifully kept gardens surround the property, giving each room in the house a tranquil view. There is a greenhouse and an original clay-lump potting shed, which remained from the house which existed previously on this site. The current owners have taken great care to plant lawns, trees, shrubs and perennials which give the property a feeling of maturity and grounding despite the fact is it less than ten years old.
Directions (NR14 8HF)
From Norwich, head south on the A11 crossing straight over the A47 junction for just over 1 mile and then take the left turning into Station Lane. Continue on this for just over 1 mile before turning right into Wymondham Road. At the first junction, turn left into Water Tower Road which becomes Cranes Road. Follow this until the cross road with School Road and Church Lane, turning right into Church Lane. The property is on the right.
South Norfolk District Council (Band G)
Heating: Oil, Electricity: Mains, Drainage: Private, Water: Mains
The property has a rain-harvesting system installed which is currently used for garden irrigation. There is potential to connect this to the house for use with grey-water.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with joint sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60472439.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR160143. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.