4 bedroom detached house for saleChillies Lane, Nr High Hurstwood, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6
Under Offer £1,250,000
- period conversion with panoramic views
- countryside setting
- 3.9 miles Crowborough MLS
- 4 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms
- 2,369 sq ft
- 3 bathrooms
- gardens with orchard
- double garage with loft room
- about 0.67 acres
- EPC Rating = D
A character period granary conversion within the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with far-reaching panoramic views
Chillies Granary is situated in an enviable semi-rural position on a South-facing slope with 180 degree panoramic views over the surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, extending all the way to the South Downs.
Crowborough (about 2.5 miles) offers a wide range of everyday shops and services and good transport links to London. Tunbridge Wells, some 8.1 miles to the Northeast, offers a wider range of high street shops together with an excellent choice of leisure and entertainment facilities.
Mainline rail: Buxted station (about 3.7 miles) or Crowborough (at Jarvis Brook, about 3.9 miles), which lies a little further up the same line and has services to London Bridge with journey times from just over an hour. Tunbridge Wells station (about 9.7 miles) has fast and frequent services to London Charing Cross with journey times from 50 minutes.
Communications: The A26 connects with the A21 to the North of Tunbridge Wells, linking to the M25 and thereby to the national motorway network, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the Channel Tunnel terminus, and leads to the coast to the South.
State and private schools: There are many highly-regarded schools in the area including primaries in Crowborough and High Hurstwood, preparatories in Five Ashes (Skippers Hill), Langton Green (Holmewood House), Danehill (Cumnor House) and Forest Row (Ashdown House), state secondaries in Crowborough and Uckfield and independent secondaries in Eastbourne, Mayfield, Ardingly, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks.
- entrance porch
- vaulted reception room
- kitchen/breakfast room
- sitting room
- dining room
- utility room
- cloakroom and WC
- galleried landing
- master bedroom with en suite bathroom
- guest bedroom with en suite shower room
- 2 further bedrooms
- family bathroom
- detached double garage with log store, loft room and balcony
- timber shed
- gardens with orchard
- driveway parking and turning area
- about 0.67 acres
- EPC = D
Originally forming part of the nearby Chillies Farm, Chillies Granary has been painstakingly converted from a period barn using traditional building materials such as aged beams and indigenous natural stone. The property has been updated and improved by the current owners to create a comfortable family home, with extensive oak flooring, an eclectic mix of reclaimed fixtures and fittings, including cast iron radiators and industrial-style light fittings, and stylish contemporary kitchen and bathroom fittings. The principal accommodation benefits from generous proportions and is arranged to make the most of the countryside setting and exceptional views. Further points of note include:
- reception room with triple-height vaulted ceiling, a central staircase which divides mid-way to rise left and right to the galleried landing and a wide stone inglenook fireplace fitted with a large Norwegian Jotul woodburning stove;
- kitchen with a lovely outlook over the garden to the hills beyond, fitted with painted bespoke wall and base units under matt granite worktops, a breakfast bar with an oak top and integrated appliances including a three-oven electric Aga, electric oven, induction hob with glass and steel extractor over, dishwasher and a fridge/freezer. Larder with understairs storage;
- separate utility room with fitted units, wood worktops and space for laundry appliances;
- dual-aspect dining room with far-reaching views to the South over the garden terrace;
- sitting room, partly open plan to the reception hall, with windows and glazed double French doors opening onto the South-facing garden terrace and a stone fireplace fitted with a woodburning stove;
- galleried landing with wide windows framing far-reaching views to the East and a vaulted ceiling. Built-in cupboards and access to loft storage;
- good-sized master bedroom with windows to the East and South offering expansive views and a well-appointed en suite bathroom;
- a guest bedroom with an en suite bathroom, two further bedrooms and a family bathroom complete the accommodation.
The Granary is surrounded on three sides by its garden, which is mainly laid to lawn, interspersed with mature specimen trees and well-screened to the West by woodland. Substantial reclaimed Yorkstone terraces offer ideal space for outdoor dining and entertaining and for enjoyment of the surroundings and views.
A driveway leads from the lane through electrically-operated wrought iron gates between stone gate posts, sweeping around the southern boundary of the property to a generous turning and parking area in front of the house and detached garage. A loft room with a boarded floor, power and light and a South-facing gable window is situated above the garage. Access to this area is via an iron spiral staircase leading to a small balustraded balcony, which creates a further vantage point from which to take in the bucolic scenery and an enviable spot for summer breakfasts.
Services: Oil-fired central heating (external boiler). Mains water and electricity and private drainage.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council 01892 653311. Tax band G.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Acreage: 0.67 Acres
From central Tunbridge Wells, head South on the A26 in the direction of Crowborough. Continue straight over the traffic lights at the Crowborough crossroads, remaining on the A26 for about 2.1 miles, then taking the left turn into Chillies Lane, signposted to High Hurstwood. The entrance to Chillies Granary is located about 0.7 miles down the lane on the right-hand side, after the farm and at the end of a stone wall.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60489140.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160206. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.