5 bedroom detached house for saleDocking Road, Sedgeford, Hunstanton, Norfolk
Sold STC £625,000
- Large kitchen/breakfast/sitting room
- Reception hall/dining room
- Drawing room
- Cloak room
- Utility room
- Master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 3 further double bedrooms
- Family bath/shower room
- Study/bedroom 5
- Original casement windows (some double glazed)
- Established garden backing onto fields
- Parking for several cars
- Double garage
- Greenhouse and potting sheds.
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Heacham 3 miles
- Docking 3.5 miles
- Hunstanton 5 miles
- Brancaster 8 miles
- King's Lynn 16 miles (mainline station)
Sedgeford is a thriving, small village a short drive from the sea at Hunstanton and 5 minutes to the A149 which takes you to King's Lynn with its mainline station to London some 16 miles away. Situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), the village is surrounded by beautiful open countryside, recorded in the Domesday Book 1086 and still producing fascinating historical research through a long term and on-going project known as SHARP (Sedgeford Historical and Archaeological Research Project). For a village of this size, there is plenty going on and has the added benefit of a busy village hall, well respected pub and primary school.
Peddars Way, a long distance Roman road, runs through the top end of the village, across the old Sedgeford railway line and directly onto the Norfolk Coastal path which leads westwards through the lovely coastal villages of Holme, Thornham, Brancaster, the Burnhams and onwards to Cromer. East of Sedgeford is the village of Docking with plenty of amenities including shop, post office, surgery, takeaway whilst to the west at Heacham is the much visited attraction, Norfolk Lavender which also has a farm shop, garden centre, shop and café.
Originally believed to be 3 or 4 carrstone cottages, parts of The Long House date from around 200 years ago with more recent additions, the property has immense charm with many period features and is now a welcoming family home with lots of character.
The front door leads into an enclosed entrance porch with pamment tiled floor and in turn into the large reception/dining hall with south facing windows and French doors leading out to the south facing terrace. This room has a large inglenook fireplace with wood burner, engineered oak floor boards and exposed and painted beams. Leading on from this room is the drawing room with bricked inglenook fireplace, wood burner and French doors and windows to front terrace.
The kitchen offers perfect sociable family living space, with handmade shaker style wooden units, soft close drawers, granite worktops, integrated appliances including Bosch oven, hob, grill and extractor, AEG microwave, and dishwasher. The property also benefits from an oil fired 2 oven Aga and space for freestanding fridge freezer. The kitchen and dining area have tiled flooring with oak flooring in the sitting room area, wood burner and south facing windows.
Utility room with space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, Belfast sink with original wooden draining board, many useful original storage cupboards and door leading to the back garden. Back hallway with oak flooring further storage cupboards, glazed door to garden and a separate downstairs cloakroom with WC.
On the first floor the master bedroom has exposed painted beams an en suite shower room with heated towel rail, original storage cupboard and south facing window with window seat. There are 3 further double bedrooms all south facing with exposed beams and window seats, a family bathroom with claw foot bath, separate shower and heated towel rail and another small double room currently used as an office.
The property is approached through solid wooden gates onto a large gravelled parking area enclosed by a carrstone wall and willow fencing. This front garden area has 2 south facing terraces, box hedges, a side access to the rear garden and a double garage with up and over door. The garden to the rear of the property has mature borders and shrubs with steps leading up to the main lawned area, and backs onto open fields.
Directions PE36 5LR
From Burnham Market take B1155 to Stanhoe then B1154 to Docking and into Sedgeford. The property is on the right hand side as you enter the village indicated by the For Sale Board.
Kings Lynn and West Norfolk Band: G, Annual Cost: £2579.12 (2016/17)
Mains water and electricity, oil fired central heating and Aga, private drainage.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60610307.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BUM160088. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Burnham Market. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.